We were looking to take a break at a luxury resort and a friend recommended Tree of Life... aren't we glad that we took this recommendation!!! It was the perfect place for us along with our 18 year old daughter. We have now been there 2 times and in 2 different seasons, I can tell you both the experiences were different and equally enjoyable. We went there in October 2011 the first time and the very sight of the property was soothing to the freyed nerves after having driven from Delhi to Jaipur on a highway under construction. Half an hour short of Jaipur we arrived at The Tree of Life.
From the moment you enter the holistic sense of the place is apparent, you enter the reception by walking over a large lilly pond with a Vishnu reclining on a serpent in the pool. There are beautiful Ganeshas and Buddha statues spread all over. There is also a Ganesh abode which houses Himmat's (the owner) private collection and gives the right ambience for doing meditation and yoga in the abode. The layout of the property gives it a special charm, Himmat has got just the right site to make this wonderful resort. It is an undulating property and the higher areas where the pool is located gives a panoramic view of the entire valley below, hill ranges surround the property and nestle it. Spread over a large area there are only 14 very private villas and we had taken a pool villa, it also had its own spa and outdoor shower and tub. Because it was cold we could not use the pool, but the experience of just sitting on the jharokha which hangs over the pool was worth every dime. Besides being large and bright and airy it has an old world charm despite all the modern facilities and elements. The architecture almost sets the pace of life at this property. Shivranjani and Himmat have chosen the right architect for the property and we are sure they will win many awards for it. We unfortunately were there only for a night, but we made full use of our 24 hours there. The food is fantastic, delicious and not the regular Rajasthani fare. When we left we promised ourselves we would be back soon for a longer break and true to our words we found ourselves at TOL again in June 2012. This time we rounded up our entire extended family and went there for 3 days, we had no interest in leaving the property to go to Jaipur city, our only purpose was to enjoy the location that we were in. We spent entire part of the hot days in the pool and gorged ourselves on the food, making full use of room service which was excellent. The men went to "Ekam" spa for therapies and they felt they were exceptionally good The evenings were surprisingly pleasant and the property takes on a magical glow. The sunsets are awesome and the lighting of the property gives it a divine feeling. We truely indulged all our senses, but mainly our soul. Even after this long break we left with a heavy heart having been pampered by the staff and good service and hope to return again soon.
Shivranjani and Himmat make a perfect team, where Shivranjani's strength lies in sensibilities of detailing in construction and Himmat's in being the front man in running it. Wish both the very best with their resort and hope they consider making more at other locations.
Monica Kanungo, Saket, New Delhi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your oasis of peace and harmony nestled in the Aravali Valley. Just 14 chic villas in 7 acres of land - some with private pool - with independent spaces of between 2.200 to 4,000 sq.ft. - large private lawns, separate living and bedroom, private outdoor couples spa, outdoor shower and sunken tub. Waking up to the sound of birds, your relaxed day can include spa treatments at the private outdoor spa in your villa, yoga, a walk to the welcoming village next door or the incredible experience of a meal with your elephant. Relax, unwind, be yourself – and plan your own pace. And, at a short distance, all the attractive sights and sounds of enchanting Jaipur - the 'pink city' of Rajasthan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Yatra and Hotels.com so you can book your Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tree Of Life Resort And Spa, Jaipur
- Tree Of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur Hotel Kukas