All reviews key personnel factory snacks lounge
Reviewed 21 August 2017

No reception, instead you get an email with the code for a key safe at the entrance. Check in can not be more effective.
There is a lounge with a refrigerator that holds cold drinks and a selection of food. It also has hot drinks.
Rooms are modern, spacey and clean.
The location is beautiful.
If you are are open to something different from main stream hotels this is a beginning.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Middle of nowhere, perfectly restaured and nice hotel. No personel around, at least not by arriving and fregirator full of snacks for free, you still need to pay for beer though)))
Very positive experience alltogether and nice sleep.
Highly recommendable

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

A lovely place to stay. In an old factory they have made it very personal. Clean, nice room with wonderful beds and sheets!
Fantastic breakfast!

There is no staff during night time, but there was no problems arriving late. The key in the keybox as agreed.

We will absolutly come back!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

We spent one night for Christmas. Friendly staff, clean and quiet rooms. Good breakfast. Very nice surroundings in the old paper mill/ former sugar factory. Blistering fast wifi. To be recommended if you are planning a stay in the area.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Premises are very cool, even though Holeby is rather remote from civilization. However, this seemed to be the perfect place for a quiet night of rest on our way back from holidays, 5 minutes away from the ferry which took us back from Germany.
1st issue is there is no staff on location, which should have been clearly specified when we booked. We arrived at 7pm and the placed was locked, no one in sight and no tel. Nr on the door.
Instead of a reception, there was a dispenser for the keys, which one was supposed to open with a code.
2nd issue is I had to check my emails again to see if I got a code with the booking confirmation. This was not so easy as there was no 3G network I could catch with my mobile device. There was no email with a code anyway.
We got really lucky as other guests showed up, and they were happy to share the email they got, in which there was a mobile phone nor to call in case of issues.
We called and got the code we needed, by phone. Problem solved after 20 min.
When inside, we were happy to find a clean room. Beds, however were not very comfortable and pillows were quite awful.
TV was not working, but wireless luckily did, so we could at least get the news on my IPhone.
We woke up several times as other guests arrived noisily, Windows needed to stay wide open as there is no AC and it was quite hot and stuffy in the room.
In the morning, we were quite tired after a poor night. Breakfast was served and a multitasking member of the staff was present. We checked out without commenting on anything. To my surprise I later realized reading the invoice we were charged a credit card fee of Danish 290 on a total of 917! I have lived in Scandinavia for the latest 20 years and actually work in Denmark 2 weeks a month... Never heard of a credit card fee, left alone that high in any hotel I have stayed. Amazing... Again no info or warning on the website where I have booked (hotels.com), will contact them and make a formal complaint.
Would NOT recommend to stay at the factory lodge anyway.
This place is far too smart for me. They have optimized everything to such a level that they do not even need customers anymore.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family