All reviews cafe next door premium studio spa bath ocean view whale watching dolphin encounter min walk bars and restaurants seal colony room was spacious and clean first floor sea front across the road town centre self catering good size off street parking
Reviewed 22 April 2018

The room was great with everything in it we needed. We felt very comfortable and the host was very helpful. We woke to a spectacular sun rise before heading out for our whale watching cruise. Close enough to walk into town.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night as were meant to be whale watching the next morning. Staff helpful on check advising where to go the next day and recommending a place for dinner. Room was clean and tidy and the bed was great which is all we are really after. Upon check out the next morning the gentleman checked the whale watch website for me and let me know the first boat hadn't gone out so we were expecting a cancellation when we arrived. It helped prepare our daughter so I appreciated that.

So very good overall.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Our room was very average, considering we paid $260, the basin was cracked and the spa bath was aged. Floor in the bathroom had water type marks on it.
We could not get our heat pump to work properly. Requested they have a look at this. When we came back from Dinner, the key was left in our room door, not impressed with that. Admittedly the office was closed!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jill B
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Check-in was fast and friendly and I was lucky enough to get a room that faced out to sea. The room was spacious and clean. The bed comfortable and the shower had good pressure.

It was a beautiful evening and the balcony was a nice place to sit and relax. My only disappointment is that I could stay for longer.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a sea view
Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I stayed here in July 2017 as we were going whale watching. The location of the apartments is just beautiful, separated from the beautiful beach by just the road. 6 months previously Kaikoura had suffered a massive earthquake so the town itself was extremely quite with very few visitors. The apartments themselves were spacious. The kitchenette has everything you could need including fresh milk. The rooms were spotless. Breakfast is provided by the small cafe next door with the selection being a bit limited. Overall a pleasant and enjoyable stay and I hope to have the pleasure of visiting Kaikoura again one day.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family