Haveli South Indian Cuisine. Delicacies & Desserts
Ranked #53 of 157 Restaurants in Whangarei
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 16
Reviewed 30 October 2016

It is very unusual as an Indian to actually enjoy Indian restaurants as most of the food seems to be a poor in comparison to home cooked food. However I have eaten 3 times at Haveli in Whangarei - and I have to say the food is fantastic. While the restaurant has some great south Indian food, there is also a real North Indian flavours in some of the dishes, such as the Samosa / ChickPea dish. Honestly I haven't had such incredible food in years - completely mouth watering and not oily like other restaurants! Great job!!!! The sweets are also to die for....made properly without too much sugar. Just perfect!! :)

2  Thank MitchellMan

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

This is hands down the best Indian food in Whangarei. The place isn't flash but the food is great. Authentic Indian food and amazing value for money. Seriously recommend anyone who likes Indian food to go here. You won't be disappointed.

3  Thank Barac U
Reviewed 16 September 2016

We popped in to buy some indian sweets but decided to stay and have some food. It was all delicious!! The samosa's , burfi, jelebi and mango lassi were all so delicious. I will be back to sample more dishes!

The lady who served us was really friendly and welcoming.

We will be back. I wish they were also in Kerikeri!

3  Thank hemikiwi
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Nice to see such a good variety of indian sweets in whangarei.
Friendly service.Didnt try their meals but sweets are nice.not very sweet.

1  Thank Mamta K
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Having recently been to India I loved the local sweets and delicacies. Upon discovering such a shop in my home town I bought some to have whilst showing friends and family my photos. Took me right back to India. I have bought more on other occasions and try different ones each time (as well as my favourites, of course). Highly recommended .

1  Thank cambo1101