All reviews spa bath mini bar in the room small pool discerning traveller one bedroom suite local things bridal party appointed bathroom the wi fi the kitchen great bed big bathroom busy road place to stay centre of town places to visit air con
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed here on the last night of a tough week working in Whangarei. (My usual choice of accommodation had a booking glitch). I arrived exhausted, hungry and on the Day 4 of a headache.

I left feeling completely refreshed, after a relaxing spa bath, a meal from the manager's kitchen and the best night's sleep I'd had in a very long time, thanks to a very comfy bed which was covered with expensive bedding. All the fixtures are top quality. Not a sign of any standard motel fixtures. The staff were super friendly and welcoming and remembered my name.

Thank you for a lovely stay!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Lodbord, Owner at Lodge Bordeaux, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Hi Jo
Thank you so very much for your lovely kind words. We were very happy to make sure that you got settled in fast and had a comforting meal in you! We have recently been putting nice new pillow top beds in to our rooms. Our mission is to provide the best possible accommodation experience. It is wonderful to hear that we are achieving this and will share this with our team. We look forward to your next visit.
Kind Regards Stephanie

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I was in Whangarei for an overnight business trip and was very fortunate to have been accommodated in Lodge Bordeaux. The room was very spacious and comfortable. It was spotlessly clean nd fresh. The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble for them. While not in the centre of Whangarei, it only took me an enjoyable 10 minute walk to the CBD. While it offers breakfasts to the rooms I decided to dine in town so I could enjoy the walk. If I’m ever going back to Whangarei I will most definitely return to Lodge Bordeaux.

Room Tip: I had a balcony room on top floor (2 storeys) at back of the complex, well away from the road.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Hi PetrosC56
Thank you for your wonderful review. Our mission is to provide the best possible accommodation experience. It is so great to hear that we have achieved this and will share this with our team. It is very easy to be friendly and welcoming especially with our kind and friendly guests.
We look forward to your next visit.
Kind Regards Stephanie

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights and it was great. The bed was comfortable, the kitchen was big enough for everything you need and the bathroom was amazing. The bathroom had a huge spa bath that could also be used as a shower. The only downfall was there was no sky sports or movies but there was a generous choice of movies in the office.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Lodbord, Owner at Lodge Bordeaux, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hi Dylan

Thank you for your wonderful review. Our mission is to provide the best possible accommodation experience. It is so great to hear that we have achieved this and will share this with our team. I am terribly sorry that the sky sports was not working in your room. I have now been into all the rooms to check and it seems all is well now. Please just let us know at the time and we will do our best to correct a problem. We hope you get the chance to come back and enjoy it again. Kind Regards Stephanie

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Friends, family and eventually my new husband and I stayed at Lodge Bordeaux over the weekend of our wedding. It was perfect. All the rooms were spacious, not to mention luxurious, however, the suite we had for our wedding was phenomenal - we didn’t want to leave!

The bridal party (bride side) had some wedding pictures taken in various locations in the hotel grounds, and the sample shots we have seen are delightful. Lodge Bordeaux really has it all!

The owners were wonderful, catering to all (and there were many) of our needs and also spoiled us with home baked treats. We have been gifted another night here as a wedding gift and we can’t wait to come back. Lodge Bordeaux is a true gem in the heart of Whangarei and worth every one of its 5 stars.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Lodbord, Owner at Lodge Bordeaux, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi Allison
Thank you! It was an absolute pleasure to have you, your family and friends staying here on the lead up to your grand wedding day and following nights. We were so very lucky to see you looking so fabulous in your absolutely spectacular dress. The bridesmaids dresses were so lovely and such a beautiful colour. Your mum looked fantastic and your dad and brothers in their Scottish gear were so fine! The weekend weather was just amazing for your big day which was fantastic for your photographer taking pre-wedding photos around Lodge Bordeaux and your amazing vintage cars. We loved seeing the photos! We look forward to seeing you again. Kindest Regards Stephanie

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Lodge Bordeaux is a fantastic stopover if you want great service in a very well presented and appointed motel. Self contained, very clean, spacious and comfortable. Definitely worthy of praise. Friendly, helpful staff who want to help you to enjoy your stay. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T2618UDdavidg
Lodbord, Owner at Lodge Bordeaux, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review. Our mission is to provide the best possible accommodation experience . It is so great to hear that we have achieved this and will share this with our team. We look forward to your next visit. Kindest Regards Stephanie