Lodge Bordeaux(Whangarei)
US$ 137
Motel Villa Del Rio(Whangarei)(Great Value!)
US$ 79
Continental Motel(Whangarei)(Great Value!)
US$ 82
US$ 70
Lupton Lodge(Whangarei)
US$ 112
US$ 108
Burgundy Rose Motel(Whangarei)(Great Value!)
US$ 69
US$ 59
Agoda.com
Cheviot Park Motor Lodge(Whangarei)(Great Value!)
US$ 85
Bella Vista Motel Whangarei(Whangarei)(Great Value!)
US$ 85
Avenue Heights Motel(Whangarei)(Great Value!)
US$ 83
US$ 80
YHA Whangarei(Whangarei)(Great Value!)
US$ 47
US$ 42
Hostelworld.com
All reviewsrare these daysfamily businessfamily suiteclose to townspa roomcontinental breakfastseparate toiletquiet spotgood sizebit datedlocation is greatrooms are spaciousfriendly hostswould stay here againstayed one nightrickpembroke
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Spent a couple of nights in one of the family rooms. Comfortable beds and large room. Rick, the motellier was awesome also. He made sure we had everything we needed as we were attending a funeral. Made our stay comfortable and welcoming. Excellent rates and the property is not far from the city centre which is perfect. Highly recommended!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2017

The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The owner was friendly and pleasant, the motel is located close to the Town centre. I would not hesitate to recommend the Pembroke Motor Lodge.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017

A really geat spot with really friendly hosts, excellent decor and a great value breakfast if you want one. Handy to restaurants, local walks and main thoroughfare but is is a quiet spot. Has a nice tidy atmosphere too.

Room Tip: Upstairs on the up hill side.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Great place to stay, nice and quiet. Very good and simple stay which started when I arrive and thw reception person was very timely in her arrival to greet me.

Rooms are nice and large, with simple fittings, but a large bed which makes for a comfy sleep.

Pretty close to a range of different eating places. Still require you to jump in the car, bit very close.

Would go again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2017

On first impression, the room seemed big and the TV semi-modern, but there was swollen patches of plaster in the walls in large crack patterns. It could have been a charming slice of dated Kiwiana except for one detail:

Near the middle of the room, a small, lunch-pail sized electric heater struggled to blow out a little warm air. It wasn't enough. That was all the heating available in the room. No heater, no central air unit, no heat pump, just a very small electric heater.

The room was freezing. The floor felt like carpet over concrete. It radiated cold like the walls of a meat locker. With the lights on in the room, I could see my breath like clouds of steam. The heater didn't help. In four days, it was never warm or comfortable. For several nights, I could see my breath.

During the day, the cleaning staff would leave the windows open. In winter. If the heater had worked at all, all the heat escaped out the windows. If someone had wanted inside to take my computer or other equipment, no problem. The windows were open.

And then the ants came. A steady stream of little ants, first all over the kitchenette counter, then spreading to the shower room. I couldn't see if they were in the carpet or bed, but I really didn't want to know. Parts of the room were a seething mass of tiny black insects. On the third day, I stopped trying to kill them and just gave in to the freezing, buggy, drafty, decaying room.

Next time, I'm staying in a cabin at the local campgrounds. It will be warmer and more secure, and likely to have fewer insects.

Room Tip: Try any other hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Angelino-Jafa
Rick C, Owner at Pembrooke Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Good Morning Angelino,

Wow I cant believe what i am reading, but if this is indeed the Pembrooke and your perception of our Motel we are truly sorry and in the several days you stayed not once you came and made us aware of how you felt.
As had we been made aware we would have sort you other more suitable accommodation and assisted with the relocation to make sure you were more comfortable.
We pride ourselves in our product and business and market clean, comfortable, affordable accommodation, driven on service, we are family operated and really care, as the many reviews we get in most cases indicate, however we truly value the negative feedback as this helps us improve.
In this case I am confused and not sure how this has happened as you say you stayed several days and at know point were we made aware even at the check-out stage,
We are fully committed to providing a comfortable stay and always have the rooms warmed thru heating at this time of year thru heating, safety and security is high and its my wife Marrissa that does the cleaning and units are never left unlocked or windows open after servicing.
I would very much appreciate an email to advise what room you stayed in as we have been fully booked over the past 2 1/2 months and nobody else has raised the ant issue we will being looking into this but a room number would help and we can follow up on other guests that have stayed in the room to issue they didn't have your experience.
I know cannot change what has happened in your case, but apologies and say we are very sorry, we do not work hard everyday to have unhappy customers.
Look forward to your email please send to, info@pembrooke.co.nz
Regards,