“Family dinner was awesome”

Jimmy Jacks Rib Shack & Craft Bar
Ranked #35 of 148 Restaurants in Whangarei
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

The food was amazing and service so fast. My brother tried their rib challenge and failed!!! Great atmosphere and good for kids.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

It's not hard to find a better place in Whangarei
The food was average, the atmosphere was noisy and at bit too "bar scene" on the night. The service left a whole lot to be desired. We were here to celebrate the Birthday of my Daughter, I advised our server of this. She seemed to care less and largely forgot about our table.
As for the Ribs, I can do a way better job on my BBQ at home.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Went back as first visit was good, cheap and tasty. This time the "crispy" caesar salad was awful. The only crispy things were the rock hard croutons, the salad had been dressed far in advance of the order and was totally limp and revolting. The chicken was ok, so ate that. When waitress asked how it was, I told her and she said she would tell chef. No apology or acknowledgement. Shame as our first visit was positive. My question is 'how does a chef send that to the table"? he would know it was NOT something a customer would enjoy, or wish to pay for!

1  Thank Angus L
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I love the selection here - selection of tables, food choices, drinks. I'm loving the colorful advertising - these guys know how to get the very most out of the Orange Door music system, with big bright advertising.
I love the big wooden bar and the hearty range of beers on tap. This is the kind of place I could stay for hours, eating and drinking my fill.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

A lot of the places to eat around here are overpriced. Jimmy Jacks has a wide choice of good value meals on their menu and portions are large! The place does get very busy at times, the second time we came we had to wait about 15 mins for a table. This was not a problem as we sat with a drink until one became available. The food on both occasions was delicious and te service was very friendly and efficient. Because it gets so busy there is a real buzz about the place which adds to the enjoyment.