All reviews scones coromandel peninsula room was beautifully decorated b and b breakfast was delicious road conditions helpful hosts stayed longer new zealand bed and breakfast stay there again the river lovely garden spent one night home away from home couple of nights places to visit
Reviewed 23 November 2017

This was our one of our favourite B&Bs on our holiday. "Best breakfast ever' was my husband's opinion. The room was beautifully decorated, and being on a verandah gave it a perfect amount of privacy. The view is glorious. Great spot to explore Coramandels.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CotCot2014, Owner at Cotswold Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thank you for the great review - I think I know who you are! It was lovely meeting you after speaking on the phone, and we are so pleased you had a good stay with us. Look forward to seeing you again on your next trip across the ditch. Have a great summer over there. Cheers, Adrienne and Garth

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Only one night and I wish it had been longer!
Very clean room with ensuite, firm beds and warm, welcoming touches in the room. Adrienne and Garth were fantastic hosts. Nothing was too much trouble and they were both so very friendly - but not intrusive. They willingly shared their knowledge of local trips, attractions, time frames for driving, eateries etc.
Cotswold cottage is a hop, skip and a jump from town and the rooms have a magnificent view of the grounds and local race track. Plenty of food for the soul wherever I looked and so very peaceful.
Breakfast was sensational - and plentiful. Great to have home cooked meal - including jams and relishes.
A perfect end to my holiday in New Zealand - I did not want to leave and I will definitely go back to Cotswold cottage again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
CotCot2014, Owner at Cotswold Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you so much for a fantastic review. We are very lucky to have such a beautiful spot for our B and B, and are glad to be able to share it. We'd love to see you back again.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on the last night of our holidays, wish I had booked in for longer though. Adrienne and Garth are just the best hosts, very welcoming and gave us lots of information and ideas. The rooms are modern, beautiful, clean and have great views. There is a lovely deck to sit out on or there is a guest lounge to relax in. The breakfast is absolutely amazing with everything you could want with the added touch of homemade jams ( yum) I would highly recommend this as a place to stay or base yourself at if your exploring the coast. Thank you Adrienne and Garth

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks Anne, for your lovely review. We enjoyed having you two fun ladies to stay, even though it was only the one night. You'll just have to return sometime - when the Whittakers chocolate runs out! Cheers, Adrienne

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My husband and I stayed in 7 different B&Bs throughout our trip in NZ and this was hands down the best, for a few very specific reasons:

- Professionalism: There are a lot of B&Bs in New Zealand where you literally just feel like you're crashing in someone's house, making things awkward. Cotswold, on the other hand, has:
- Clear signage and directions
- A designated reception area
- A beautiful guest lounge
- Separate rooms with completely independent entrances. No feeling like you have to sneak around to go out to your car at night, no feeling like you don't know the boundaries between your space and the owners'.

- Cleanliness: Again, B&Bs can feel iffy, but this place is immaculate, from the towels to the bedding, to the grounds.

- Payment: They take credit cards AND give receipts.

- Helpfulness: The owners are so fantastic. They immediately offer to help you find things in the area and they give real recommendations. For instance, I can't tell you how many times I've asked a B&B owner for a restaurant recommendation nearby and they just say "everything's good," but here they're real people with real recommendations and opinions, if you want them. As a bonus, they're fantastic chefs and prepared one of the most delicious breakfasts we've had on the whole trip in the morning.

Everyone should stay here and other B&B owners should seriously take notes.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie C
CotCot2014, Owner at Cotswold Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Good morning Steph. What a fabulous review to wake up to this morning! Thank you both. The hospitality business is a two-way thing. You and Matt have fantastic attitude, and are such a friendly, positive young couple, and it it makes it such a pleasure for us to be hosts. We try not to oversell our place, as nowhere is perfect! That way our guests pretty much get what we advertise.
We hope that during your few days in Auckland, in the beautiful weather, you managed to see the gardens you were hoping to see, and made it to see the west coast beaches and a harbour boat trip. It really was a pleasure meeting you both. Go well. Adrienne

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Cotswold Cottage is the perfect setting for a weekend getaway. We stayed two nights and were very happy with the service. The views are stunning and though it's located close to town it felt a world away. I loved the huge bed and the spa bath in the bathroom is the best I've ever used. Breakfast was delicious and our hosts were very helpful and friendly. We'll be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CotCot2014, Owner at Cotswold Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

It was great being able to provide a little refuge for you for the weekend. We enjoyed your company, and hope you'll be back too. Thanks for the lovely review.