“Worst experience ever”

Mirka
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2014 via mobile

Wow what a horrible experience, booked at the famous Mirka at Tolarno on "yum table" website for an 8:30 dinner with our family tonight. Arrived early at 8pm just in case a table was available early. Family was excited. Was placed in the casual dining area and was not looked after by anyone until a young chap asked if we wanted drinks and apologized that no one was looking after us. We were served drinks. We waited until 8:30 and I went into the restaurant to enquire about the booking and they said another 15 to 20 mins. During that time other people arrived after us and were seated. I went back at 8:50 and was told it would another wait. By then my family had waited for a time longer than expected and my son was famished. Finally the restaurant host advised they had overbooked and it would be a long wait.

After $37 worth of drinks, we left without a meal and our worst restaurant experience in Melbourne. It is noted that although staff insisted we don't pay for drinks my wife relented and went back an hour later and paid for drinks, too proud to accept an apology for ruining a night out for our small family by "buying" us off with free drinks.

I wouldn't have minded so much if the staff had of been more helpful. Worst experience ever!!!!

Don't go to this restaurant, the staff treat you with contempt.

2  Thank Brett C

Reviewed 16 November 2014

My wife had read about this restaurant and wanted to try it. We were very impressed with the result.
Located in Fitzroy Street St Kilda with off street parking it was easy to get to. the atmosphere of the place was fantastic. The interior has been painted by the prominent French born artist Mirka Mora which gives the restaurant a special aura.
The service is excellent and the food delicious.
We enjoyed a great tasting plate follower by braised beef cheeks & braised pork belly and a side of French fries. This we washed down with bubbly Prosecco. A great meal at a reasonable price.
Can thoroughly recommend to any one who loves a good meal.

1  Thank NovaAustralia
Reviewed 11 November 2014 via mobile

We went here with a deal voucher and didn't have high expectations.

We were pleasantly surprised to find that the restaurant was cosy and inviting. The staff were lovely and cheerful and the food was delicious.

My only criticism was that mains eg. A steak, was just a steak with no sides. Had we been told we would have ordered sides but instead we left feeling slightly hungry and craving some vegetables.

We would go back again.

1  Thank Kate O
Reviewed 15 October 2014

My family and I enjoyed Sunday lunch here. It was exceptional. The servie was speedy and very freindly, but most importantly the food was fantastic! All of our meals exceeded our expctations. The produce was very fresh, inovative and wonderfully presented. The atmosphere was delightful, with the loaciton being one of Melbourne's finest. We will definitley be returning. I highly recommend this restaurant to anybody wanting a fabulous meal with great service and a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

If you're hankering for a reasonable Italian meal in St Kilda, Mirka at Tolarno has been pulling in customers for a long time with a solid range of classic dishes. On the night we visited, there was nothing intrinsically wrong with the food but none of the dishes were particularly memorable. There are a couple of prix fixe deals on offer (two or three courses) and they make the food reasonable value for money. I think I would have left very disappointed, though, had I paid a la carte prices. The service is professional and reasonably personable. There are also some excellent wines available by the glass.

1  Thank thefoodieworld