“Amazing”

Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 66
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: St. Kilda
Description: Take away meals and local home delivery while we're in lock down. Our current trading hours are 12pm until 9pm, Wednesday to Sunday. Call us to chat about what you'd like to eat xx
Reviewed 23 January 2021

Best fish I've ever tasted. Took the missus who doesn't like fish and even she loved it. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (511)

Reviewed 14 May 2020 via mobile

Chilli crabs were not fresh; texture was gluey and not firm. Felt ripped off. If I was dining in, I would have sent it back to the kitchen. Stomach was growling after eating the crab... Prawns on the other hand were brilliant. Maintain standard with all food please.

Date of visit: May 2020
1  Thank 631bubb
Reviewed 24 February 2020

The friend who recommended this bar and “ Shuffle Club” who were playing there used to spend an inordinate time at Ronnie Scott’s in London and knows his jazz.
The band were lively as were the locals who were also very welcoming.
Lots of dancing and banter; a great afternoon.
Bands are on most days ; you can eat there too

2  Thank NicholasG342
Reviewed 23 February 2020

Seafood restaurant ran out of potato!SERIOUSLY! It was before 7pm on a Sunday and a supermarket down the road. You also ran out out of garfish neither item was crossed off from your menu blackboard. Who ever is running this place needs a talking to. Not coming back clown to this show. Disappointing to say the least.
Note: dish came out with potato despite 2 waiter indicating no potaitoes left. They didn't explain the side dish of potato was available and that the main came with potatoes. Poor communication to say the least. No sign of the Greek salad or greeen beens that were ordered.I didn't even ask for green beans it was suggested by the waitress because there were no potatoes to order. Backpacker staff...well done Claypots. Get some professional staff for the prices you charge.

1  Thank Shadow29mm
Reviewed 4 February 2020

As stated in the above title I used to love this restaurant. Honestly It saddens me to see it go completely downhill, I had a lot of good meals here, his was maybe 3-4 years ago now.

I remember when I stopped going as much it was up and down with the quality of the finished dishes. I also noticed they were going through quite a few chefs and others had left.

Today was ridiculous though. Lets start with the complementary bread and yogurt. Guys I know its free but how old was the bread??!!! And one tiny TEASPOON of yogurt dip, what am I supposed to do with that, lick it off the plate? Honestly its just insulting being served bread that old and hard.

Went to the restroom and guess what....NO HAND TOWELS in both toilets, so was unable to dry my hands. So far we have old bread and no hand towels.....saving money perhaps?

Service was always ordinary but the good food used to make up for it. The waiting staff generally seem to not give a crap if you enjoy your experience or not. I probably wouldnt either working in there. Are they hiring backpackers? Because thats what they look and behave like.

The price of the whole fish is now way overpriced, you used to be able to get a medium sized dory for like $40 now you get tiny little baby one for $40. And they will over cook it too.

And now its $14 for ONE GARLIC PRAWN. So just 4 prawns will run you $56, wow really??

As mentioned before the fish just isn't being cooked as well as years gone by. My past few times coming here it was ALWAYS overdone. Dry, chewy and yuck.

Farewell my old friend, Your greed and cost cutting has turned you into something else, something I dont want to be a part of.

I will never be back :(