All reviews private hotel former convent cataract gorge communal balcony boutique hotel lovely old building guest lounge the owner manager mini bar spa room executive suite top floor great bathroom sitting room a great place to stay electric blankets continental breakfast
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely warm room with great bath. James was helpful and accomodating and upgraded our room. Recommended a nice steak restaurant and gave us a 10% off voucher. Well located. Great breakfast at the end of the street.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here one night with my two daughters. After reading the reviews I was looking forward to it. Unfortunately it just didn’t hit the mark. From what I could gather they had been unexpectedly busy the previous night so everything and everyone seemed on-the-Hop. The positives - the location is gorgeous. Really. It’s quiet but walking distance to the CBD, the Cataract Gorge and an excellent cafe is right across the street. The building itself is quite lovely and Parking on site is also a bonus. Yet as an accommodation establishment it just wasn’t inviting. The room was pretty average. The bedding was cheap (I really am not a fan of polyfibre blankets at the best of times) especially the sheets and blanket on the sofa bed (which has seen better days) and the white cotton throw on the King bed (to mask the blanket) looked like it needed a good wash. The heating in the room wasn’t really enough and doesn’t reach the bathroom which was freezing. I know it’s Tasmania and winter but if you are going to completely tile a huge bathroom then some kind of heating is a must. In a nutshell we just didn’t feel welcome - as if guests were a slight inconvenience. On our second night in Launceston we stayed elsewhere because the city itself is beautiful. And I can’t wait to go back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Xen_Paul
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Beautiful old brick ex-convent. Lovely rooms with everything you could need including shower cap, lovely fluffy white towels and a fantastic mini-bar. I was in a king room which has a big bedroom, big bathroom and a sitting room! I loved it and I would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Everything I want in accomodation when travelling. Unique environment. Friendly and help[ful staff who give excellent service. Room with all comforts and a view. Comfortable bed and soft deluge of a shower. Found the bathrobe as i left.

Room Tip: Lift available to rooms upstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel, friendly and informative staff. Happy to help with all needs. Rooms were lovely and clean, very quiet. Offered electric blankets which was perfect for winter in Tasmania. Only negative pillows a little too squishy. And top blanket could/should be covered with a sheet. Just for hygiene reasons. Other than that we were very impressed with the grounds the foyer and hallways. Extremely clean, lovely artworks in the halls and simple uncluttered rooms. Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay again if they sort out the pillow situation.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple