Auldington
The Sebel Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$ 150
  • Restaurant
Mantra Charles Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$ 118
US$ 112
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
  • Restaurant
Peppers Seaport Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$ 142
  • Restaurant
Balmoral on York(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$ 145
US$ 82
Clarion Hotel City Park Grand(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$ 121
US$ 109
Country Club Tasmania(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$ 139
US$ 120
Official Website
Quality Hotel Colonial Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$ 92
US$ 87
Agoda.com
Batman Fawkner Inn(Launceston)
US$ 55
US$ 110
US$ 97
Agoda.com
All reviewsprivate hotelformer conventcataract gorgemanager jamescommunal balconynice cafelovely old buildinglarge bathguest loungeboutique hotelpriced mini barthird floorspa roomcity view roomexecutive suitetop floorgreat bathroom
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

2 of my children and I had an overnight stay here while my husband stayed at the hospital with our middle child, the room was lovely and I was extremely happy and thought the value was great, until at midnight I was woken to water pouring out of the heat pump right beside/on top of a power point... so in the middle of the night I tried to find a number to call to ask for advice as to what to do in these circumstances as reception was closed, the only number I could find was that of the general manager of the hotel.... he didn’t answer so I left a message and I still have not had a phone call back from him and at checkout there was nobody at reception! Someone spoke to my husband in passing as he was carrying bags to our car, he didn’t stay in the room so I would have thought that it would be common courtesy to speak with me about the incident.
All night I listened to the “drip drip drip” into the bowl I placed onto the floor to stop water damage to the carpet.
I would have booked this hotel again in a flash but the staff have let this experience turn into a negative

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah_Jane2510
Reviewed 24 February 2018

It looks charming from outside but once inside you are in the Twilight Zone! It's dirty, poorly staffed and they WILL charge your credit card for things you have not consumed. As a person mentioned previously, this place must be in serious need of money to be getting up to what they do

Room Tip: Don't worry about the hot tub. They are ancient and not worth the extra cost.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Natalie E
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Very Happy we choose this converted Convent for our Stay! We had corner room with private balcony on top floor! Room was very clean and comfortable and great views over city! Our check in was very pleasant and were given lots of information where to eat and places to visit! Location is perfect with easy walking to city shopping cafes and site seeing! There is a lift but also great old staircase for easy access! Free WIFI although limited worked well! Extremelely well priced with lots of room choices lovely garden and spacious parking, would definitely stay again!

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 12 February 2018

This is a comfortable hotel in an interesting converted convent. The room was well equipped and included a fridge and a stock of crockery and cutlery (though no cooking facilities). If we didn’t want to eat out we brought food back from the nearby supermarket and ate in the communal sitting room or on the communal balcony with fine views over Launceston town. This was useful as the hotel has no restaurant. We didn’t fancy the ‘continental breakfast box’ on offer so provided for ourselves or visited the excellent Cuccina Cafe across the street. We’d like to praise the young man who checked us in and who spent much time explaining the facilities and history of the hotel and advising us on local places of interest.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

The ex-convent has been renovated, but due to heritage limitation, its creaky floors, doors & chipped decorative woodwork, reminds you of that.
Friendly, helpful reception & staff, with fairly clean bathrooms (the bathroom's bin & basin were not cleaned on our arrival) & standard quality bedding, cabinetry, desks & seating.
Location is brilliant. Close to the Gorge, CBD, parks, walks & foodie places. But being set on a hill, sounds can echo thru your room's open windows. (What's with leaf blowing @8am,from the quarter-hourly chiming cathedral!?)
The fast wifi inconveniently required a new voucher at irregular intervals.
I liked the hotel, my wife wasn't as cheery.
Good value for location.