Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews perfect hosts cataract gorge one night visiting launceston two nights diana privacy accommodation luxury unit
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 November 2020

For the second time I chose to celebrate my birthday at Topiary Haven. Again my wife and I were delighted with the choice and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The owners have clearly given considerable thought to the needs of their guests and ensured they could want for nothing. Nothing has been left to chance in providing a modern and spacious, very well appointed, and spotlessly clean unit in the privacy of an enchanting and immaculate topiary garden. We felt quite pampered for the two nights of our visit and would have loved longer. Certainly Topiary Have is our go to choice when visiting Launceston.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

Apart from being a lovely little home in a beautiful garden and a warm greeting from our host, this accommodation is incredibly well fitted out ; plus there was enough breakfast and other food stuffs to keep us going for days.When I noticed the freshly cut culinary herbs in a little glass jar for freshness I knew I was in the right place for us.An awful lot of thought and consideration has gone into everything put in there.
You are a walk out of down town so it is quiet.
Note that Cataract Gorge is a five minute walk away. After you have explored there you can walk down the gorge into town ; makes for a good day out.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

For the third consecutive year, we have retreated to Tassie with only one option in mind for our accommodation in Launceston - Topiary Haven. As always, Diana and Barry were the perfect hosts. Knowing how much I love the garden, Diana commented to me on arrival that "the garden isn't much at the moment". She was incorrect. Even with the early spring bulbs now wilting as they prepare for next year's flowering season, the garden was beautiful and I took time during our stay to wander through to see what is happening at the moment and to find inspiration for my own garden. I wasn't disappointed. The unit is as beautiful as always, the bed comfortable, and the view from the dining table across to the Tamar Valley more visible following some pruning work that had been done in recent weeks. We rested well in their haven, with plenty of food. No need to eat out as we were able to make 2 delicious meals - fettuccine with mushrooms and asparagus one night and scrambled eggs with asparagus, onions, bacon and mushrooms the next night. It is so peaceful with the city just a 30 minute walk away, all downhill (remember you have to walk up hill on the way back!). The Gorge is a 10 minute walk away and the Gorge Restaurant is well worth a visit for lunch. Topiary Haven is the place we now stay. It is the one place where we fully relax. It's just lovely...we're already looking forward to our visit next year!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank denisel392
Diana C, Owner at Topiary Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2019

Hi Denise,
Thank you once again for the lovely review of Topiary Haven and Barry and I as hosts.
We love that you were able to find the accommodation restful and were able to cook when you wanted,using some of Tassie's fresh produce. The photos of your meals look absolutely delicious and mo doubt were very enjoyable..
Thank you for the comments about the garden from a 'fellow gardener' - given me some inspiration to tackle the vegetable patch again after the birds pulled out all the plantings.
Look forward to your next visit.
Kind regards,
Diana

Reviewed 9 July 2019

Everything has been thought of at Topiary Haven. We arrived in winter to a warm welcome from Diane and a lovely warm house. From the Welcome Platter of local produce to the huge range of cooking appliances and utensils, spending time it the kitchen was a delight.

The place was always cosy with reverse cycle air conditioning, a bathroom heater and an electric blanket. The accommodation is in a really convenient part of Launceston, and is a short drive from supermarkets, the CBD and the many sights to explore.

It was amazing value for money and we'll definitely be going back next time we're visiting Tassie.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank pruesgold
Diana C, Owner at Topiary Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2019

Thank you Prue - much appreciated, Diana

Reviewed 1 May 2019

I hardly know how to review this piece of perfection. On arrival Diana shows us this beautiful apartment. The fridge was full of provisions, as was the pantry. We thoroughly enjoyed our three night stay and hated leaving. Very reasonably priced. So many extras.

Date of stay: April 2019