All reviewscontinental breakfastevery morningstay there againlovely old buildingthoroughly enjoyed our stayclose to towntasmaniacereal
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Beautiful house, well situated, near the center of the town.
My room was cosy, quiet and clean, with a very comfortable bed. Good continental breakfast, but from 7:30AM to 8:30AM, amybe it's a little soon during holidays.
Staff friendly.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank Isabel3192
HillviewHouse, Manager at Hillview House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Isabel

I was delighted to read your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Hillview House. We are committed to providing guests with the best possible experience coupled with the old world charm of a nineteenth century B&B. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and have noted your suggestion about extended breakfast times.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Reading some of the reviews I wonder if I stayed at the same place. We were met on arrival by Jenny, who was very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Our room was clean, the bed very comfortable. Sure the bathroom is small, but it was clean and the shower was lovely and hot and shampoo and conditioner were provided. The continental breakfast was very adequate, choice of cereal, lots of fresh fruit, toast, spreads etc, and if you wanted a cooked breakfast you notified Jenny the day before - only $15.00 for 2 people.. For the price it was fine. Seems some people want the top shelf accommodation wherever they go, but don't want to pay for it. You can't please the whingers- we were very happy.:))

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dallas C

Dear Dallas

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. It is always satisfying to hear from guests who have clearly enjoyed their experience with us. We pride ourselves on creating a welcoming and warm atmosphere in a traditional B&B setting.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I chose this place purely on the photographs and memory of years ago when it used to be one of my favourite buildings in Launceston. Well, traveller beware !!!!! This place is a health hazard and is so run down and uncared for it is a disgrace and why the B&B inspectors have not closed it down is a mystery to me !! The verandah is hanging on by a thread, the whole place is threadbare and dirty, the garden is non-existent anymore, none of the things they advertise are now available and it is all overseen by one overwhelmed young girl. I actually rang the owner and put forward my complaints and she was very rude and threatening, her excuse was that the house was old and what else could you expect ? When it is clearly advertised as a boutique historical B&B, that has been fully restored to all of it's glory, well that was long before these people got hold of it !!!!!

Stayed: August 2016
2  Thank willow17knight
Reviewed 24 March 2017

From first appearances this looks like a lovely old building. The service was average at best a bit unprofessional. The room was very well presented but there was dust and dirt in lots of places could use a spring clean from top to bottom. My bed was the comfiest of all the places I slept in the week I spent in Tasmania. The breakfast was very basic and the dining room way to crowded. With a little bit of effort this place could be very good.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Colin T

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hillview House Colin. I was pleased to hear that you had a great night's rest which is so important when travelling. We recently fitted all rooms with new mattresses and the general feedback has been extremely positive. I have noted your comments regarding both the condition of the room and service standards and will ensure that staff are made aware of these. We are constantly looking to improve our guests' experience. We hope you choose us again the next time you stay in Launceston.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 February 2017

I was somewhat concerned about this booking given the reviews. However for the price and location it was all ok.
Was met by a friendly young girl and she wasned o around also at breakfast. I only stayone night.
The hall carpet appeared to be newish and the carpet in my room was also new/clean.
On my departure day the cleaners were making up rooms on the same floor and I could see into about 3 rooms - carpets all appeared new /clean.
Breakfast was adequate (continental) and coffee although only fiilter was at least a caffeine start for the day.
If you are just needing somewhere to sleep and not wanting to pay a great deal then this was ok. Does appear rundown when you arrive at the gates/doors

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen M
HillviewHouse, Manager at Hillview House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Thanks very much for your stay and thank you for your time to write this review. We are trying our best to make Hillview House a better place for people to stay.