All reviews three steps george restaurant open fire the penthouse free parking close to town breakfast room old world charm a ground floor room main building great place to stay quiet location off street parking shower head plenty of parking an easy walk stayed nights
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I arrived, checked in, went to my (dingy) room and got undressed and got into bed to do some work after a long day of travelling. 1- wifi doesn’t work. 2- phone doesn’t work to call front desk. Get dressed, go to front desk. 3- Lady takes my phone to add wifi and turns off airplane mode so my phone connects to Aussie network for at least $20 in charges. I ask for refund and to switch hotels. No go. Through the night sounds of water draining. Next morning I mention problems with staff but no recourse. Terrible customer service all up. AVOID

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Quality Hotel Colonial is on Elizabeth Street - not a bad location - about 10 minutes walk from the town centre. We arrived there at about 9.30pm.
From the outside the hotel looks quite grand, and it is fairly large. Having been on the road for most of the day we just wanted to get into our room, drop the cases and have a quick drink in the hotel bar. So having booked in and been left to take our cases up two flights of stairs to our room (no lifts or help offered) we went back down to find the bar. Bar closed! We asked if we could get a drink but one was not on offer. We asked if there was a bar nearby and were directed into the town but were told that we may not get a drink at that time of night! We decided to have a coffee back in the room and get an early night as we were travelling the following day.
Next morning we decided to take advantage of the full English breakfast advertised by the hotel and got into the dining room about 20 minutes before end of breakfast time. We got a seat, had some cereal etc and then went to the buffet for the cooked breakfast. Only enough for my wife. I waited for the waitress to show as there was no sign of the trays being restocked and asked for some bacon, egg etc and she reluctantly went into the kitchens to get some. I got mine some time after my wife finished her breakfast. Reception staff not interested really and we still got charged the full amount.
The room we had was adequate but old and tired, and the walls were thin. This was sold to us as 4 star and in no way was it up to that standard. Not our best choice of hotel (or rather the tour operators!).

Room Tip: Who knows?
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

The main building does have old world charm but the hotel itself was built in the 80’s and rooms tired, noisy and need an update. I was on the ground floor and could hear the room above using their toilet. Hotel did have nice white sheets and doona.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Colonialtas, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Colonial Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you Droid965 for taking the time to provide a review. We take pride in maintaining our heritage listed 1847 main building which houses our reception, breakfast restaurant and function centre here at the hotel.

We offer many choices of accommodation with 70 hotel rooms, suites and recently added stunning new one and two bedroom apartments. We are working our way through our renovation plans here at the hotel and have updated bathrooms in all rooms, freshly painted, new carpet, new beds and as you mentioned lovely new white linen. We are also currently installing a new wi-fi internet system to ensure that our guests are kept connected with the latest technology available.

Please contact us directly should you require accommodation in Launceston and we will offer and upgrade and ensure that you enjoy a lovely quiet room.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Wonderful, style, comfort, friendly, central, quiet. Easy choice next visit. Great cafes along George street .
Launceston a little gem, walk everywhere. Just returned from overland track hike, soaking up some magic Autumn sun

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Colonialtas, Reception at Quality Hotel Colonial Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Launceston is a beautiful city, and Autumn is a spectacular time to visit.
We are so very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Nice room, food was great, easy check in check out, great parking and the boss man hooked me up with a sweet parking spot after I had a sook about all the tools in the car lol. Nice and close to the city.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business