All reviews three steps george restaurant open fire the penthouse free parking close to town breakfast room old world charm a ground floor room main building great place to stay quiet location off street parking shower head plenty of parking an easy walk stayed nights
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Wonderful, style, comfort, friendly, central, quiet. Easy choice next visit. Great cafes along George street .
Launceston a little gem, walk everywhere. Just returned from overland track hike, soaking up some magic Autumn sun

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Colonialtas, Reception at Quality Hotel Colonial Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Launceston is a beautiful city, and Autumn is a spectacular time to visit.
We are so very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Nice room, food was great, easy check in check out, great parking and the boss man hooked me up with a sweet parking spot after I had a sook about all the tools in the car lol. Nice and close to the city.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I was supposed to stay at the hotel for 2 nights, but ended up there only 1 night. The hotel is well located and the staff are very friendly and try to make the stay as comfortable as possible. The hotel itself is definitely on the older side, since its a historical building. The rooms are clean and a good size.

It's unfortunate that I had a terrible experience checking in the first night, or else I would have rated the hotel a 4. Just a note, the reception is closed at 10PM, so if you plan to arrive after that time, you should double confirm with the hotel that check-in is available and things will run smoothly. I flew into Launceston at 10PM and arrived at the hotel before 11PM. Because the reception was closed, there was an after hours phone number to call to get the code to the safe that stores the keys for any late comers. The phone number did not work, not even a ring or answering machine. I called over 10 times on three different phones - no answer. I had to wander the streets alone, at 11:30PM, to find another hotel. It was the most traumatic hotel experience I've ever had.
I complained to the reception and wanted to speak to the manager the next day, but unfortunately management doesn't work weekends. I was phoned by reception that management was sorry and would refund my first night, since I wasn't able to check-in. Honestly, I expected a refund for the first night, but I thought more should have been done, like refunding the entire stay. I never even got a direct communication from management, just relayed messages.
Overall, OK hotel but bad management customer service for resolving issues. Also, it would great if there was at least one staff available 24 hours. The night I was able to check-in and stay at the hotel, a building alarm went off outside and rang for about 10 minutes before it was shut off. It would have been better if a staff was available to resolve the issue...

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2018

lovely place to stay, rooms are quite nice and the restaurant is good, only negative is i have never had to pay extra for room service in all the hotels i have stayed at, they charge $5.00 extra to deliver it to your room even though it would only take them a couple of minutes from the kitchen.

Room Tip: ask for ground floor rooms if you cant climb lots of stairs or have heavy bags.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Colonialtas, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Colonial Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi Judeandgeoff we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry to hear that you feel that the room service fee was a negative. Some hotel have this built into the price of their meals however, we like to be transparent and we list this charge separately on the menu. We look forward to seeing you again should you require accommodation in Launceston.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Great place to stay easy walk into the city. The owner Dale was friendly as were all the staff including the owners dog who discretely lay on an outdoor dog bed welcoming attention. Ate at the 3 steps restaurant I enjoyed having a chat to Dale and some other gents he introduced me to which was very inclusive. I have travelled solo alot and this rarely happens. The food was great and served in a timely manner. If you are there on a Thursday night and looking for something to do try salsa dancing just down the road with salsame. I have stayed there a few times some for work, some pleasure and it has been consistently great!

Room Tip: This establishment has a number of styles of room. Talk to the very helpful reception staff to discuss your booking preferences.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Great to hear that you consistently enjoy your stay with us Tim. Our restaurant Three Steps on George has a wonderful ambience and we are pleased you enjoyed your meal and the opportunity to chat with some of our regulars. See you again!