All reviews no lift city park larceny restaurant old stables spa room main building leather chesterfield boags brewery heritage building mod cons a ground floor room lovely hotel farmers market up stairs old world charm in house restaurant great room
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had an early flight out so decided to stay in Launceston at this hotel. The hotel is gorgeous with lots of lush features. The room was well set up with everything you needed and more.

The service during our brief stay was spot on. From check in to the service in the restaurant. Worth the stay and we will be back

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We were lucky enough to get a spa suite in the renovated stables, and appreciated the comfort and excellent large bathroom. Things such as the large TV screen, Dilmah teas and comfortable bedding made for a pleasant stay.
There are however a few tired edges to this hotel that could be easily remedied for a truly 4.5 star stay. Little things such as the bathrobes being old and scratchy, a blown light in our room and then even more minute details such as creased, dirty writing paper and in-room hotel information that had been updated with pencil and pen rather than a re-print. Our spa room also had no leather chesterfield, as mentioned on the booking page on their website, rather an ugly upholstered couch of undeterminable colour and chipped wooden legs.
Breakfast the next morning had an excellent variety of food, set in quite a nice dining room, but whether because of the later hour that we breakfasted or because of some interesting cooking techniques, almost the hot food had the same rubbery, 'instant' texture that one expects in economy class on aeroplanes, i.e. 'fried' eggs that had most certainly never seen oil or a pan.
However, the location was excellent, and the staff were friendly (though certainly not overtly so), hence my four star recommendation. With a little more attention to detail and a better understanding of quality, the Clarion could become an extremely classy stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Thank you for providing me with one of the best hotel experiences ever when I recently stayed with you over 3 different nights in two different rooms. From the rooms to the check in to Larceny restaurant, I found everything superb. Your staff are friendly and very professional, the rooms stylish and clean, and beds very comfy. Larceny is a wonderful restaurant and catered for my food sensitivities with ease and grace. Congratulations! I look forward to staying with you again soon.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Great staff, comfortable beds, huge rooms, terrific food, good location, stylish surroundings. Checked out all the competitors just and this place is the best. Marjorie looked after 10 x 50+ year old men on a hiking trip like they were family. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Id ecommend this place to anyone. I'm staying on the top floor. The room feels cozy and everything is immaculate. I read a review saying this place needs to be updated. I couldn't disagree more. This place is brilliant

Trip type: Travelled on business