All reviews great location minute walk the main street within walking distance shopping centre room was clean heron island carol motel beds sydney amenities accommodation
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Rusty's Motel within walking distance to Specialty Shops, Supermarket, Restaurants, Hotels.

We were in Gladstone for a wedding we had a fabulous time, and our stay at Rusty's Motel made our the 3 day stay exceptional.

Great Location, neat rooms that actually smelt clean,and not from deodoriser, more like dust free clean and most important... very comfortable beds.

The Managers and staff were friendly,helpful and prepared to go that extra mile, definitely exceeded all our expectations.

All rooms are on ground floor level except for their 2 bedroom self contained apartment, your car is under a cover outside your room..makes it so easy to unpack and pack the car

Value for money ABSOLUTELY!!!!! would we stay here again ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lana G
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Initially we thought we had found the right place to stay in the middle of town, after trying to ring to make a booking over a week ago, I had actually given up as the message said the phone was disconnected?.so decided to find a place when we arrived in Gladstone.
As we were driving through the town..I spotted the Under New Management sign out the front of Rusty's. My husband drove in the driveway, I went to reception the first thing I noticed was how clean fresh and relaxed it felt, as I was greeted with a smile and the warmest welcome, I had forgotten how good that makes you feel.
The Manger introduced herself and immediately apologised to me as a courtesy, informing me of some issues the main one being no phone service for 3 weeks. We had a great chat as I was checking in, lots about the new restaurant that will be opening sometime in June the upgrade of the rooms, the original owners had taken over again etc.

When went to our room..opened the door and went wow!! nice room, we had a restful comfy sleep, I was actually amazed at how quiet it was especially being on a main road...our checkout was as pleasant as our check in, I am disappointed I did not take any pics of the room, however I think we will stay at Rusty's Motel on our way back in a couple of weeks..I now have their new number which I will share with you, my fellow trip advisers 07) 4843 7900

Trust me if you are heading to Gladstone right in the heart of town you will find Rusty's Motel, stay the night feel the warm welcome, and have a restful, relaxing sleep and the icing on the cake $130 for the night, Brilliant!!

Room tip: I think all rooms are similar, you can not go wrong.
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stevilee P
Reviewed 20 November 2012

A basic motel that has been recently refurbished. The room air conditioning was a old manually operated machine. While it did the job adequately it was very noise. The restaurant however more than makes up for this. First class food! We both had seafood which was some of the best we've eaten. Recommended.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven G
Reviewed 25 May 2012

It's unfortunate that due to the mining/industry boom that motels are allowed to charge obscene prices! We visited for a family occasion and chose Rusty's due to it close location to town. The motel is a older style motel located close to shops etc. Yes it has everything you need to sleep but under normal circumstances you would pay around $100 per night - not anywhere from $160 to $350 per night. The furniture is old and dated, it was clean however it did have a ant problem in the bathroom. Staff were friendly. Paying $100 per night I would of been happy but paying $160 not so much. Don't expect too much.

Date of stay: May 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank maxBrisbane
rustyGladstone, Owner at Econo Lodge Rusty's, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback in relation to our motel and wish to confirm the following:

1. Our nightly rate is very much in the value for money category in the Gladstone market and in one of the town's most central locations. Gladstone is an extremely tight market for acommodation due to the massive expansion of industry going on, with the the bulk of the motels/hotels in the town in the $200 plus per night category (some in the $400 a night category). Whitst an average room rate in Gladstone might be higher than what you would expect in pay in say a tourism reliant location like Bundaberg, the two markets can't be compared at present unfortunately;

2. You mentioned that the furniture in the room was old. Please note that the entire motel has extensivley enovated over the course of the last 18 months, which includes brand new beds and chairs to each room in the last two months;

3. I note comment regarding the ant problem. Would you kindly advise your room number and date of stay so that we can address this matter.

Regards, Owner.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Our sporting team had a recent trip to Gladstone and stayed at Rusty's. The staff were extremely welcoming and went out of their way to make our stay as hassle free as possible. While the rooms were not massive, we had everything we required for a good nights sleep. The pool was also excellent to for us to unwind after a busy day of sport.
The motel is centrally located and within easy walkin disctance of a shopping centre, clubs and restaurants.
The motel has been renovated recently, don't let old reviews turn you off.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sportsman_123456
rustyGladstone, Owner at Econo Lodge Rusty's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Thank you for your kind feedback. At Rusty's Motel we value customer service as our most important attribute. We look forward to seeing you again.