We had a three day break at Coolangatta - the quieter, family friendlier, end of the Gold Coast strip. We only needed a 1 br unit, but were allocated a 2 br, 2 bathroom unit at a 1 br price on the 11th floor, with sweeping views from the lounge and main br northwards over the beach, with Surfer's Paradise clearly visible in the distance. It was off-peak season, and we arrived without a booking, having checked out alternatives on Trip Advisor. We were able to negotiate a discount over their posted rates on the web.
Our unit was recently renovated, with modern bathrooms and kitchen. The main bathroom also had a laundry. The kitchen was well set up - everything required for 6 guests. There was a large dining area, and lounge with flat screen TV (the main br also had a smaller, wall mounted TV).
The lounge / dining / kitchen area had a good sized air conditioner, but the bed rooms had only ceiling fans - the one in the main br was quite noisy and needed service. The reliance on a single a/c was not a major problem during our stay in autumn, but I imagine in peak summer it would struggle to keep the whole unit cool; the unit faced north west, so got full sun from midday onwards, and was quite hot until we closed the heavy curtains.
Apart from the noisy fan, the only negative from our stay was the lounge - actually a sofa bed - it was old, smelt musty, and was very soft - well overdue for replacement.
The location was excellent; directly opposite the beach, with great walking tracks, and above a large shopping centre, with supermarket, cinemas, and many restaurants.
We would definitely stay at Coolangatta, and at this property, again - though probably not in peak summer season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each fully self contained apartment features spacious balconies with stunning ocean or hinterland views and the resort features a choice of recreational facilities including a heated pool & spa, children’s wading pool, full size tennis court, games room and a choice of restaurants located right at your doorstep.The open plan living room provides space for everyone and the dining area opens onto balconies overlooking the beach or foreshore. Large bedrooms, a modern self contained kitchen and an internal laundry will provide guests with all the necessary facilities to make the apartment feel like it is a home away from home.The 4 bedroom penthouse also includes it’s own private rooftop pool, spa, sauna and BBQ. Each apartment has the following standard facilities:Spacious modern designLarge balconies with ocean viewsSecurity swipe accessIndividually controlled heating/coolingFully Self Contained Kitchen & LaundryCable TV including 20 Austar channels and DVD playerLarge bathrooms with shower and bath ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Points North Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Points North Apartments Hotel Coolangatta
- Points North Apartments Coolangatta, Gold Coast, Australia