2,353 results
All reviews seafood buffet lobby bar windjammers restaurant across the road ocean view balcony room hotel restaurant standard room cafes and restaurants an upgrade bottle of wine fantastic location parking carl accor refurbishment cockatoos
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights when down from Sydney for nursing course nearby.
Service was very good from reception, bar and restaurant staff.
Food in the restaurant was delicious and large portions too.
Didn't use the pool etc or have breakfast so can't comment on those aspects.
View of beach from room over a roofed area, but was still nice to see in the mornings.
Only complaint would have been on our 2nd night a wedding reception/party was going on underneath our room so music was very loud! Maybe they should have used our room for some of the party guests and not us and others staying at hotel.
Would stay here again with out doubt if the need arose.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
NovotelWollongong, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Wollongong Northbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear CharlieHill,

Thank you for providing such a wonderful review of your recent stay.

I am so pleased you have enjoyed your recent stay making the most of our restaurant and facilities. I hope we are able to welcome you back to The Novotel for another enjoyable stay in the near future.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I love the easy access to the beach, cafes, and restaurants. I've visited twice so here are my thoughts;

I first stayed at this hotel just over a year ago and the experience was ruined by renovation noise. However, apologetic staff gave me a discount on the bill so that I paid for a standard room when in fact I had a beach view balcony room.

I decided to give the hotel another go and stayed there last weekend. I was not disappointed. Everything from the in room dining, quality of the (very standard non view) room and the happy and attentive staff made this a very enjoyable, though far too short, mini vacay!

I can recommend the beach view rooms for spectacular outlook but if you are unable to afford one, staying in a standard room and walking outside and along the boardwalks or beach is even better. Breakfast in the buffet style hotel restaurant overlooks the beach too.

I also noticed people making use of a small kids play room (glass walls) off the foyer. What a great idea. If you are waiting for a cab, you can see the front driveway from the playroom too.

Lastly, the only fault (minor one but worth mentioning) is that my confirmation letter stated that buffet breakfast was included. It was an error. Unless you are sure it's included in your rate, don't just assume the letter is correct. We were told at restaurant we'd have to pay ($35ph) and decided to just get something light elsewhere. On checking out I mentioned the mix up to receptionist who would have overridden earlier advice and let us have complementary breakfast but we had already eaten and we were now in a rush.

Aside from that, it was a very pleasant stay and I plan to go back and make use of pool, gym and the day spa downstairs next time.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear 255060LEE,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Novotel Wollongong.

I am delighted that you have returned to the property now with all the guest rooms completely refurbished, the new rooms have certainly been warmly received by our guests. I hope we are able to welcome you back for many more enjoyable stays in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Spent 1 night at the Novotel with my family after a wedding in July rather than driving back to SYDNEY.
Great room, very modern & clean. Fantastic breakfast with a huge selection.
Must admit not cheap but one of the best hotels in Wollongong with great location by the beach.
There was a minor problem sent email which wasn't answered immediately.
But I must clearly thank Brittany for her professionalism & the way she handled the complaint immediately after I phoned her & I must say is customer focused. Will definitely come again & recommend to friends.
Thanks Brittany.

Cheers
Rita

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Rita P,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Novotel Wollongong.

I am so pleased you have enjoyed your recent stay. Thank you for your kind words about our wonderful team leader Brittany, Brittany is consistently going above and beyond to ensure all our guest are comfortable any enjoying their time in Wollongong.

Thank you again for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay in the near future.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Stayed here for a 'short break' and would certainly come back again- and recommend it to anyone. I believe the hotel has been refurbished in recent times, judging by previous comments. If so, they have done a wonderful job. Our room wasn't the biggest we have ever stayed in, but it was a good size for the two of us. The bed was a 'normal' size - not so big that it overpowered the room, which was a nice change from other places we have stayed. The bathroom was excellent and the shower was SO GOOD! The staff were very friendly and courteous at the front desk and in the restaurant. Our room did have an ocean view, but no balcony or opening window for fresh air (we were on the 9th floor). If and when we stay there again, that would be the only change I would make - to ask for a room with a balcony as I do like to have some fresh air circulating. A very minor problem, but now we know what to ask for, easily fixed. Would happily recommend this hotel - the location is excellent!

Room Tip: Personally, next time I would ask for a room with a balcony - with ocean views.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Dorothy W,

Thank you for providing such a wonderful review of your recent stay, I am so pleased to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay. You are right, our guest rooms have recently been refurbished and all public areas of the properties are expected to be completed in the coming months.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay and to enjoy the new and exciting changes.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel due to its great location. Beautiful area, cafes near by, gorgeous view but staying here when on a holiday, very different to when staying while on a business trip.
We arrived Thursday night and the bar next door, pepe's had the music blasting away. Luckily, we did not have a room with the sea views as I assume that would be heard from there.
Our room was with 'city views'. The room was on the eighth floor. There is a traffic light right underneath and the Friday night was very noisy with people shouting, cars beeping, neighbours arriving to their room at midnight talking loud and watching tv till late... again if I was on a holiday perhaps I would be doing the same but I had to get up at 5am. The windows are not double glazing.
Would I stay here again? Perhaps not. I love my sleep too much to have it disrupted.
The restaurant on site has a buffet style for $75. As we did not plan to eat that much, we ordered from the menu. The service was terribly slow and very expensive for what it was. I should have just taken the buffet to eat when I wanted rather than ages later.
The restaurant had loud nightclub type of music and lighting (coloured lights changing like Christmas tree). Not fine dining for sure.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Yenny2013,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent visit to The Novotel Wollongong.

I am disappointed to read that your expectations have not been met during your recent stay. The property being located in North beach Wollongong is surrounded by a number of poplar cafes, restaurants and bars however these venues do have noise restrictions in place ensuring that they do not impact the local community and our guests. At your request our friendly management team will investigate any complaint and do their very best to ensure the most comfortable night sleep is achieved.

I sincerely hope we are able to welcome you back to The Novotel Wollongong for a more enjoyable stay in the future.