Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Nan Tien Temple
from US$ 309.00
More Info
All reviews vegetarian food tea house southern hemisphere largest buddhist the ground floor dining hall serene place peace and tranquility worth a visit statues culture religious bell cafeteria prayer shoes visitors
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 June 2021 via mobile

Highly recommend, we drove into the temple unsure what to expect, the gardens, temples and statues were beautiful, our teenagers loved it and found it very informative. Had a beautiful lunch there.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 20 June 2021 via mobile

Nice place, too bad the staff treat their guests in an absolutely disgusting manner. I very much enjoyed my day here, beautiful place and what I thought was a great way to display and engage tourists in the traditional culture.
That is until I tried to go into the museum and the woman sitting at the desk screamed at me to cover myself properly in very broken English it took a while to understand why she was yelling at me and repeatedly hollered scarf at me. She was implying that I was not dressed properly and had offended her by trying to enter the museum, I turned and left the entire temple as quick as I could incredibly embarrassed and humiliated.

1. If you have a dress code, state it at the entrance! Do not allow people to enjoy many hours before they are screamed at and humiliated for doing something they didn't realise is wrong. I also find it interesting that your reviews seem to have a reoccurring pattern of this happening to women who do not have a "traditional" appearance if you can follow what I'm saying there...

2. I'm sorry but the dress pictured is what I was wearing; it covers all: cleavage, shoulders, upper arms, stomach, thighs, knees and even part of my ankles! I can understand if I was wearing a crop top and hot pants but I was not. I had purposely dressed in a manner I thought was appropriate and respectful, which not 1 other staff member saw an issue with.

The only thing my dress exposed was my collarbone. What a joke!

Date of experience: November 2020
Reviewed 17 June 2021

After covid lockdown (medical requirement) I was excited to be attending a weekend meditation retreat at Nan Tien, an expensive gift from my daughter. Six one day retreats over the past 10 years or so, all highly enjoyable, made a weekend retreat the next obvious step.
The program for the weekend promised much and for the first few hours delivered what was anticipated. Lunch saw no provision for dietary requirements for a couple of us on the retreat eventhough in my case, not only was it written in the booking sheet but 3 subsequent phone calls to confirm my allergy were made. My luch therefore consisted of white rice with a promise dinner would be attended to.
What I was told I could eat because it "had been cooked separately" resulted in an anaphylactic episode and a very miserable night.
Since my return home with the promise of a follow up from Nan Tien, the silence has been deafening and an email to them ignored.
The complex is beautiful. Trying to find a peaceful place to sit and meditate during the day with so many visitors is hard.
My advice, if you have allergies or special food requirements and you are on retreat, take your own food.
I won't be returning.

Date of experience: June 2021
1  Thank Suzanne R
Reviewed 13 June 2021

A totally wonderful experience. A serene place with beautiful gardens and a magnificient temple on the 3rd floor. Don't forget to visit the Nan Tien Gratitude Bell behind the Budhist Pagoda. A bit of a uphill walk but well worth it. Do climb the hill near the Gratitude Bell. The views are worth the walk up the hillock

However avoid The Karma restaurant on the Ground Floor. A total rip off. Portion are smalls and the items are priced high. We ordered five dishes for four of us and were given only one dish and had to wait over half an hour for the other dishes and the soups were cold by then. The Wonton soup was insipid and cold.

Better try the restaurant on the second floor. Seating in the restaurant on the second floor is limited and the timings are only from 1:30 to 2:30pm so make sure you reach on time. At all cost avoid the Karma Restaurant on the ground floor

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 18 May 2021

This is a must to see so majestic and grounds are lovely but not good on weekends too many people especially in the cafe.Be mindful of rules for attire though.We have been before and it’s a nice spot to visit again but not a good idea Sunday.

Date of experience: May 2021