All reviews the main road the gold coast foxtel channels air con guest laundry would definitely stay here again pleasant surprise one night stay centre of town sauna terri sleep kitchenette accommodation stopover budget toaster
Reviewed 1 October 2015

Terri and her team provide a very welcoming and honest approach at reception which warmly invites you into their world here at the lodge. Our room to suit the 6 of us (3 adults, 3 children) was spacious, neat and tidy. Bathroom has been given a modernisation, where the rest of the room needs the same face lift. Wifi was a delight, the kids were able to log right in and feel at home. The spa was used and enjoyed at night after a long day of driving. We ate at the onsite bistro, sitting around the table we had the tele on and talking freely with the staff - this was so lovely, it felt like we were visiting family. The meals were super tasty and very generous sizes. We appreciated the location, being out of town for a good night sleep surrounded by the trees. Would definitely revisit when again on another roadtrip.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights between Christmas and New Year with the family. The decor is a little dated but I thought this was a lovely motel! Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice relaxing atmosphere. Quiet. Clean rooms. Great pool. Plenty of space for the kids to run around. Close to town (you can walk or drive). Easy 10-15 minute drive to the beach. They do have a restaurant onsite which I thought was reasonably priced but we ended up doing our own cooking using the BBQ area. Definitely a great motel for an overnight stay or a few nights stay.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JosieLW
Reviewed 29 March 2015

I booked this at the last minute when traveling to the North Coast. While driving up I saw the poor reviews on Trip Advisor and was concerned about my choice. Once I arrived I had no idea why this motel would rate so low on this site!

It's slightly out of town, but the distance is walkable (we walked to dinner and back). Out the back is a beautiful green area with trees which is surrounded by paddocks. The front faces on to the highway into town, but it's set well back and I didn't find it noisy. On the other side of the highway is more greenery. It feels quite secluded.

The room itself is what you would expect from a motel. It's small and the bathroom is functional but not beautiful. The included breakfast is basic. However, for a motel, and for the price, I can't see how you could expect more.

But there is more - alongside the pool there's a proper sauna. I didn't have a chance to use it as I only stayed one night, but I checked it out and it had that lovely woody smell that good saunas have.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mishjakas
Reviewed 8 March 2015

My husband and i stayed stayed here,and was very pleased with it.Room had all we needed,clean ,had great nights sleep bed was good.Bathroom been updated.The swimming pool was great after very hot day....close to town in a nice country setting.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2015 via mobile

Needed an overnight stop on our way north and booked into this motel. I would have had a better sleep in my car. The room was $100 for three adults. For our money we got a roof that didn't leak and a fridge and TV that worked. And the room was clean. Not much else could be recommended. The double bed sagged completely in the middle. My husband and I spent the night trying to lie on the firmer sides without rolling back into the middle. The furniture looked liked something out of an op shop and the overall decor was reminiscent of the 70s. Plenty of room for improvement.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family