Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mary-Rose A
Sydney, Australia

Another Sublime Wellness Experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Feb 2020
To be honest I embarked on my 4 consecutive years pilgrimage to the Hunter Valeey with some trepidation.
Was my wonderful home away from home still as fabulous as it had always been?

The Golden Door was my haven, had the change in name to Elysia and the change in ownership changed the wonderful experience I had always enjoyed?

I am delighted to advise that, if anything, my experience was EVEN BETTER than previous ones!!!!

The nurturing, loving and healing environment is divine and my week was the joy that I had been expecting/hoping for. Congratulations to the amazing staff and the new owners Kudos indeed for retaining this amazing oasis in todays less than perfect world.

Ive already booked for same time next year
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Elysiawellnessretrea, Front Office Manager at Elysia Wellness Retreat, responded to this review
Responded 17 Feb 2020
Dear Mary-Rose,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your most recent stay. It was our absolute pleasure to welcome you back to Elysia, I am pleased to hear that the staff and program continue to bring you the nurturing, love, healing and joy that so many of our guests seek.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Elysia again next year.

Head of Guest Services
  • ZenHotels.com
    ₹8,674
6.2 km from Elysia Wellness Retreat
View more hotels in Pokolbin
All reviews tai chi spa treatments deep water running healthy food life changing experience guest speaker amazing week healthy living high intensity boot camp body and soul left feeling exercise classes fitness levels the real world hunter valley location is beautiful
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2020

Everything was fabulous - from the suites with huge bathrooms, wonderful, tasty and healthy food, the spa treatments, activities and people. I've changed my approach to diet, cooking and exercise and am feeling so much better for it. Can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: December 2019
CypressLakes, Front Office Manager at Elysia Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are so glad to hear that our wonderful program and delicious food has given you a new approach to enjoying a healthy lifestyle.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Elysia Wellness Retreat in the future.

Warm Wishes

Reviewed 27 January 2020 via mobile

I booked a couple of treatments for my mum’s 60th the staff was friendly but professional. It was a lovely experience will return for sure. Loved the addition of using the facilities. The only down side was the signage is not great to get there.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Spa Treatments, I am pleased to hear that you and your mum enjoyed some relaxation to celebrate her birthday. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Day Spa in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2020

Rooms were clean and comfortable with everything you need. The outlook of the surrounding natural bushland and mountains is really beautiful. Staff were all extremely friendly and informative. The Specialty Retreat Seminar facilitated by Dr Helena Popovic was so informative, interesting and enjoyable it is life changing.

Room tip: I think all rooms have a view of some sort of the surrounding countryside.
Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Elysia Wellness Retreat, We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful surrounds, and that the NeuroSlimming Retreat hosted by Dr Helena Popovic was 'life changing'.

We look forward to welcoming you back Elysia Wellness Retreat in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2020

Elysia is the perfect place to take a breath and rejuvenate. I have been to this retreat many times and I still come away feeling that I have had a wonderful experience and recharged. The program is unique - a great mix of activities, pampering, time-out and socialising with new & interesting people. The food continues to be sensational and I wish James could cook for me every day !! It's a great way to kick off the new year and I would recommend to everyone.

Dear Lynne,

It was great to welcome you back to Elysia, we are glad that our amazing program, team and food continue to provide you with the relaxation and battery recharge that we all need. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to James!

Have a fabulous year, we look forward to welcoming you back to Elysia again in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2020

WOW WOW WOW. My 78 year old Mum and myself came to the retreat over New Year for 7 days. It was everything and more than I expected. what I loved most was relaxed atmosphere, where you could do as little or as much as you liked. The food was amazing, very healthy and nutritious, but extremely filling, and an introduction to many foods I have never tried before. The staff were incredible, each and everyone of them,Incredibly friendly, insanely knowledgable, and so honestly caring of your well being. The rooms are something else. we certainly did not expect to have individual bathroom ensuites with full size baths attached to each bedroom!! The views were beautiful (none more so than the view from the top of mediation hill where the 6.30 Tai Chi class was held). The classes/ talks were SO GOOD! I loved the deep water running, the classes were so much fun, and my Mum also loved these. The Spa treatments and wellness treatments, were also of first class standard. The other thing I noticed was the people we met, all on a similar journey wanting to improve/ maintain their health. So many lovely stories and many laughs shared over meals and walks. There were people of all fitness levels and sizes, all with zero judgement, it was nothing to turn up to lunch/dinner in a bathrobe with greased back hair after a hair and body treatment, people were doing it all the time!! I will be back 100%. And probably bring some more family members of friends. Thank you Thank you Thank you for the best start to 2020 I could wish for.

1  Thank lenorerb

Dear Lenore & Marguerite,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a beautiful review of your recent stay, we are so pleased that both you and your mum enjoyed your all that our wonderful program has to offer, including our friendly staff and amazing food.

We are delighted to know that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Elysia Wellness Retreat in the future.

Best wishes for 2020!