“Sensational Food Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Botanica

Restaurant Botanica
Reserve with
Restaurant Botanica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Price range: US$ 35 - US$ 42
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Modern Australian yet regionally distinctive in style, the menu at Restaurant Botanica is focused on seasonality and freshness, perfectly complemented by an award-winning wine list and stunning views looking out across our private vineyard to the Brokenback Mountain Range. The restaurant's very own kitchen garden is the source of many of the herbs and vegetables that add a wholesome and healthy dimension to the dishes.
Melbourne
“Sensational Food Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We had the great pleasure of dining at Restaurant Botanica to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The food was absolutely excellent, with the home grown produce a feature of the meal. We were impressed by the extensive wine list, featuring both local and interstate wines. The ambience was so relaxing, with very attentive and knowledgeable service. This is the place to dine in the Hunter.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank NumberEighteen
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“A great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

We dined at the Botanica Restaurant, the first night of which was included in our accommodation package. We decided to return on the second night after a sensational 3 course meal on the first night.

The dinner is on the expensive side, but for quality dining in the Lower Hunter this was worth the value. The service was impeccable and faultless and the meals extremely enjoyable with a good range to choose from. I certainly wouldn't hesitate in returning again.

It is only a small restaurant which makes it feel intimate, but make sure you book particularly on the weekend to avoid disappointment.

2 Thank Timbo9
Coffs Harbour, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow what a place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We couldn't have picked a better place to dine. Service was excellent, food sensational and a wine list for all tastes. The staff were attentive but not intrusive making for a wonderful evening of food and wine.
We have dined in some of the best restaurants in the valley and this one is by far one of the best places to dine. The food is so fresh, the staff wonderful and full of knowledge about the menu.
The bread made on site was incredible to start the evening off. After reading one of the other reviewers comments I felt I needed to mention that I also had the chicken and it was so good it melted in my mouth, the flavours just combined so well that I could have eaten another serving, but I was just to full to even consider dessert.
Well done guys you certainly have provided one of my best dining experiences ever.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank redwine97
Sydney, Australia
“Best of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We dinned last Sunday Night and had the choice of a 2 Course or 3 Course dinning experience. Having dinned at all the top restaurants in the Hunter the atmosphere goes as part of the course but we instantly noticed 2 stand out features of this Restaurant - The tables had space between them whooo we could converse without everyone around hearing every word... and second the wonderful attentive yet unobtrusive staff. These staff are to be congradulated they are the best in the Hunter. During the whole dinning experience I never had to call a waiter - they seemed to know when the were needed and be there - very impressive. Then there was the meal and the experience thus far is just to prepare you for whats to follow - Entree - scallops with salt cod were to die for. Mains: I had the steak and it was the best cooked "medium" melt in your mouth steak I have ever had, and i'm in my fifties. Love to find out what their secret is because if you like meat this is the place to be. Also had a side veggies - oh they were fantastic as well. Cooked perfectly. My partner had trout and boy if that wasn't cooked fantastically as well and fresh. My partner raved about it so much I had to try some and being one who has fished for many years you know fresh when you taste it and this was fresh... Usually when you get good quality you can look down at the plate and get the binoculars out to see the food this is definately not the case here. The portions are very good and will leave you well nourished without being blotted. Oh don't think your finished yet there is the complementary special chocolate sensational with your tea or coffee. As you finish up at your own pace and leave you realise you've just had the best dinning experience in the hunter and probably in the state. This restaurant not only gets my unqualified recommendation it also gets my continuing business as we'll head to the Hunter just to go to dinner here.. I'd give this restaurant a first of the first class standard - congradulations to all the staff on a stellar restaurant. For that special romantic occassion this is the place to be. For a first class dinning experience this is the place to be. Oh and by the way make sure you book.... You will not be dissapointed (well unless you can't get in). Sorry to all the other restaurants but this is the standard you guys can only dream of.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank Peter R
Kildare
“overated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I really wonder who is writing the reviews for this restaurant. It is really overated and overpriced. The atmosphere is lovely and the service is excellent. However when we arrived we were assured over and over again that we did not have a reservation. The restaurant was far from busy on a mid week Wednesday in March. We were eventually seated after a lenghty delay and then given a complimentary drink on behalf of the "Guest House" that had actually made the booking!! We paid$62 for a 2 course meal. I ordered chicken which was a leg of chicken with little meat. The lady at the next table also complained about the poor quality of the chicken dish. The wine was outrageously overpriced and of poor quality. The dessert was to die for and almost - but not quite! - worth the $62 dollars. In spite of many empty tables and the fuss made over our "non" booking only one more party ate there on the night. Maybe as a European my expectatios are too high but this is not a good restaurant by any standards. I regularly review on Tripadvisor and this is my honest opinion based on experience.

• Visited March 2012