We obtained a good deal from a last minute website, half the rack rate price, and were very happy with our stay. Not sure I would want to pay full price however. The room was very well appointed and spacious, and I always appreciate a lounge chair to relax into whilst looking down the front lawn to the dam. The continental breakfast was more than adequate. But there seemed to be something a bit twee about the place that I couldn't quite put my finger on - was it the faux English rose garden or the not quite convincing colonial architecture? Also didn't like the fact that you had to swipe to get into the pool, couldn't see the need for it considering how isolated the place is. Still, if you can get a good deal, it's a very pleasant, quiet place to relax for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you are looking for a close but elegant holiday away from the hustle and bustle of the city, we invite you to consider The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley.The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley is less than 2 hours drive from Sydney's CBD in the glorious, panoramic Pokolbin countryside. Featuring an excellent array of meeting, conference and event facilities, this stylish hotel combines the elegance of a bygone era with all the comforts and luxuries of a contemporary lifestyle. This romantic Hunter Valley accommodation is perfect for a couple's weekend away to reconnect, unwind and spend time with the one you love.Set within 70 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and gently rolling grounds with magnificent views over tranquil vineyards and the wineries of the Hunter Valley, The Sebel Kirkton Park offers exceptional accommodation and a superb array of activities for leisure guests, as well as the conference and incentive delegate. Elegant function rooms and stunning scenery make this the ideal venue for stylish wedding receptions.Couples and families will enjoy the manicured gardens, tennis courts and the many facilities at The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley. With 71 beautifully appointed rooms and suites it is the ideal choice for romantic weekends away or time out with the children. There are several Hunter Valley accommodation wedding and weekend getaway packages available as well.The hotel accommodation rooms and suites are spacious and well appointed, majority with ensuite bathrooms, some with individual spa baths, complimentary cookies and tea making facilities, cable television, minibar and all rooms have broadband connectivity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and ACCOR so you can book your The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia