Review Highlights
Fantastic Tour and Host!

Very well ran tour and conducted by a great host. Great day out, tonnes of fun and laughs - highly... read more

Reviewed 15 July 2018
John G
Sydney, Australia
via mobile
Relaxed, friendly, fun

When I did my tour of the Hunter Valley it was a cold, crystal blue day. Perfect for wine... read more

Reviewed 26 June 2018
Mary G
Perth, Australia
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Very well ran tour and conducted by a great host. Great day out, tonnes of fun and laughs - highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

When I did my tour of the Hunter Valley it was a cold, crystal blue day. Perfect for wine tasting.

Tex himself took me on my tour of the Hunter Valley. He's extremely knowledgeable on wines from all over Australia and the tour was very educational. We did three boutique wineries and a mainstream winery. Was fun with more than enough wine to go around.

We also did two cheese tastings, lunch at a brewery and a chocolate tasting. A very enjoyable day was had by all. Thank you!!!

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Six of us from Northern California booked Tex for a 6+ hour private tour of Hunter Valley during our cruise stop in Newcastle in late Jan 2018. Tex met us on time at the pier and safely got us back to the ship when we needed to be. In between, Tex was a fun guy to speak with along the way to our various winery stops. We enjoyed all the wineries - really nice people, excellent wines. Tex accommodated our request for a relatively short (30 min) lunch stop so we could maximize our time seeing different wineries. Got to see lots of kangaroos along the way too! Thank you Tex for a great day! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Tex is exactly the kind of guide I like. Right away he makes you feel comfortable. He knows a lot about the wine region, but he doesn't overdo it. He keeps it to 12 or less, so you get a small group experience at the wineries. Worth every penny.

1  Thank Marcus C
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Tex was FANTASTIC. What a great host who kept the laughter going throughout the day. The first two wineries were small boutiques and had the best wine of the day (gutted I didn't buy more earlier) lunch was quite nice with just a small group of us. The cheese was slightly disappointing as it was all soft cheese and not much variety to the tasting. There were better bits dotted around! The chocolate was next door and again was slightly underwhelming we tried 4 types which were not explained to us. However Tex made sure I was well and truly full by sneaking me loads :). It was a nice mix though to throw in with the vineyards.

The next two wineries were bigger and more pretentious and VERY stingy with their measures. It would have been better the other way round and I would have bought A LOT more wine from the smaller boutiques.

All in all it was a great day with a great host who made sure we stopped for pictures of kangaroos. Would be a 5* for Tex's fabulous hosting skills!

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Tex is the best tour guide - very funny, warm and informative. Had a brilliant day. Very attentive. Great value.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

A great day start to finish. Tex was humorous, informative and popular with everyone on board. 4 varied wineries, chocolate cheese and fudge tasting. The ultimate decadent day out with pickup/drop off from our hotel in Newcastle. Perfect! We loved it.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

What a guy! Punctual, organised, friendly and funny (POFF)! Tex picked us up at/dropped us back to our hotel in Newcastle which was great. We visited 4 wineries for private group tastings, sampled cheese, chocolate and fudge before stopping at Harrigan Irish pub for a yummy lunch. Tex really looked after us all, ensuring we had an enjoyable day...even if some of his jokes were a bit scary! Tex you are a STAR! Thanks for a great day! Julie and Leanne

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Thanks Tex for a fun day out. Would highly recommend a day out with this very affable and knowledgeable tour guide.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

We booked relatively last minute for an Easter weekend wine tour in the Hunter Valley (pick-up from Newcastle). Tex is an amazing host and we had a really enjoyable day out with our group. I've done a couple of tours from Sydney in the past but this was so much better. Hassle free, a great guide and much more time spent at the vineyards sampling plenty of wines. A good mix of smaller and larger vineyards too (4 on our trip)... I came home with quite a few bottles! Would definitely recommend and great value for money.

2  Thank JRob15