“High Tea”

Cuisines: Australian, International
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We held a High Tea for a group of 16. The booking process was smooth, every dealing with the staff was so easy. We were given an excellent position in the dining area which is a great quiet space, plenty of light. The noise was dampened well, and conversations flowed with ease as we could hear each other.
We were able to decorate the tables and play a few baby shower games easily.
I found the savouries a bit bland and light on.
The sweet treats were magnificent and the best of the selection. Highly recommend them. I thought they could be more generous with the tea and coffee. One cup at a high tea is light on but easy to fix so people can feel there's a generosity to the service.
I'd like to thank the staff of the day as they were lovely and nothing was too much trouble.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Was fortunate to be staying at Crowne Plaza on Saturday night. While we dined out that night for a special occasion, we had breakfast at Red Salt Sunday morning. While they have everything you normally get at mainstream 4 star hotel breakfasts, I was surprised to find a lovely beef breakfast stew and a rally tasty savoury mince on offer as well. Spoon these onto some freshly toasted crusty bread and it was divine. Al the offerings were fresh and hot.The egg chef is exceptionally good here - I have seen him on several visits over a couple of years, and he is always cheerful and accommodating - and boy can he cook eggs. Fresh fruit, juices etc all available as you would expect. And the thing that tops the Red Salt restaurant and Bar off - the staff - I have always found them caring, knowledgeable and cheerful. I'm happy to say we will be going back again next month for another special occasion, but we'll be dining in for dinner as well this time.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

As part of a large group I found the food service quite good, although they may have benefited from one extra staff member as drinks were hard to get - and we were never offered any table service. The food service although being quite good, did have problems. One of my courses was served to another person, I had no utensils and 2 others did not get their dessert, until after everyone had finished. However, to their credit the venue made up for this on their account. Personally, I found the food very good, although my wife disagreed. The Salmon was far superior to that which I had a few days earlier at a high class Sydney harbourside restaurant - but then again, my wife was very happy with the food she received at that venue. Luck of the selection I guess - I did agree that my wifes meal did not look appetising.

1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Wonderful service, who I felt sorry for when our mains had to be sent back to the kitchen. Amazing pannacotta.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Went there for a 40th birthday breakfast. What a delight. Lovely fresh food. A full buffet to choose from & they also cook fresh omelets, eggs etc on request. Will definitely go back.