Stayed overnight at this motel in one of the self-contained cabins on the weekend and this is what I found:
- friendly and efficient staff - can't fault anything there
- very basic accommodation - for $99 one can't expect too much
- TV remote not working, so always had to physically change the channels on the TV - again not a huge issue
- no broadband internet available in the cabins
- reasonably clean, though the tiny bathroom area had a smell of BO still lingering in the air
- killed a small flying cockroach with insect repellant
- my main concern, was that there were a lot of tiny black crawly "things" on the pillows and at the head of the bed next to the wall. I couldn't figure out what exactly they were. So I moved the bed away from the wall, wiped all the black I could see off, and sprayed the area thoroughly with insect spray hoping it will kill whatever it was. I didn't use the pillows that had the black thingys on them but instead used the pillows underneath which appeared clean and untarnished. This part of the bed was nearly underneath the air conditioner and I wondered if the a/c had blown some weird creepy crawly inside. At any rate I was too exhausted to do much, having driven 7hrs from Wagga Wagga that day, and the cabins don't have a phone inside, so I just did the best I could, took a sleeping tablet and went to sleep as best I could!
Unfortunately I can't say I'll be back - would rather pay a bit more to get a cleaner room for better peace of mind. Hope the room can be better cleaned for the next guest.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travellers Motor Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.