“I Had A Great Time x 2” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Newcastle
Sydney, Australia
“I Had A Great Time x 2”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

My husband and I just recently returned from Noahs on the Beach. On a previous occasion I went with my daughter. I loved it both times and would happily stay there again. The wonderful, easy to find, beachfront location, our fabulous 6th floor view, the tasteful decor and the friendly service are all clear pluses in my book. To describe the furnishings as 'dated' (as in a previous review) is being 'a bit precious.' This hotel has clearly the best location in Newcastle. Strolling along the beachfront, then, at the end of the day and in the early morning simply standing on the balcony and staring at the waves roll in was incredibly relaxing. It was just what my frazzled nerves needed! If you want 5-star amenities, look elsewhere. If having a short, quiet, totally relaxing seaside ' getaway' in a beautiful setting that is not far from Sydney is what you are soul is craving, this is it! If you decide to stay at this hotel, I highly recommend that you splurge a little and pay the extra dollars to get a room on the 6th floor, as I did. It is totally worth it.

Room Tip: Amazingly, I ended up totally randomly getting Room 609 twice. It has a great view towards the head...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EvelynSydney
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I would rate this a Good - between average & very good. I will opt for the TA rating of very good, since good isn't a choice, based on the fact that the room was clean and comfortable. I seem to recall my room appeared to have been recently redecorated. It's in a good spot close to the water, and less expensive than some other chain hotels in town. Stayed only one night for business (during the "winter"), so was not in the hotel except to sleep. For breakfast, I walked down the street to a cafe & was pleased with the food there. The hotel really was just fine, it was just nothing special. But, if I return to Newcastle, I wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Mittagong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed 3 nights and the best part of 4 days at Noah's a couple of weeks ago. Because I am in the process of editing the novel I have just written I spent everyday in my room on the 4th floor so I became quite famialiar with the room. The view from any front room is simply fantastic! The higher the level the better. While the rooms are dated they are still attractive and comfortable. The bathroom however is small with a shower bathtube combinbation. Breakfast wasnt included in our deal intead we got a $50.00 voucher for food for each day. The choice was a hot breakfast ordered from the menu which was pretty good if a little limited or from a good selection contental breakfast. Just be aware that if you order coffee through the waitstaff you pay extra for each cup. I guess because there is self serve coffee and tea facilities that are included with either breakfast. However their is nothing to tell you that you are going to be charged extra and none of the waiters will tell you unless you ask.The restaurant at Noah's is one of the best in Newcastle but pricy. Noah's does not have any of the normal bells and whisltes you would expect for what you pay. There is no Gym or pool or sauna or for that matter much of a lounge. You pay extra for in room WIFI. There is a small cubicle with a single PC and printer, $.30 P/P that is rather generously described as the business center. Nothing very much in the way of restaurants within walking distance so keep that in mind. All in all however Noah's is very pleasant for short stays. Depite this niggles now that I know what to expect I will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get an upper story waterfront room the view is fantastic. I think at this point in time Noah...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Toowoomba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

From the moment we arrived at Noah's on the Beach we felt welcomed and important. The staff were friendly, efficient and informative. the room was fabulous and the service fantastic. I don't think there would be a nicer place to stay. Thank you Noah's. We really enjoyed our stay. A shame there was no gym but the walking on the beach {just across the road} was fabulous.

Room Tip: the higher up the better the view but I think all the rooms would be great.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed for one night at Noah's at the end of June. The location of the hotel is great - it is right on the beach. The hotel is very clean but the rooms are so dated. The turquoise decor leaves a lot to be desired. It is absolutely not worth $180 per night for this kind of decoration. We hired one of the function rooms for a birthday event. The room was okay - once again quite dated. Beautiful view but no sound system in the room which is ludicrous. Consequently we had a 21st birthday party and had to try and hook up a computer to YouTube for some music which didn't really work very well. All in all and nice enough hotel but I wouldn't pay that kind of money for something stuck in the early 90s. Reception staff were average, quality of the food was okay. There is hotel guest parking which is good.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family