All reviews great steak cafe de paris butter ribeye stuffed zucchini flowers great food and atmosphere shared bathroom oysters friday night continental breakfast local pub small room private hospital merewether beach definitely stay here again two nights cereal downstairs
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Went here with the grandson for a steak treat and the quality was great. It was a Saturday lunch and I was a little surprised how quiet they were but service and quality were great so that is all that matters. Nothing flash on the menu for dessert so look for our next review on Coco Monde as a suggestion worth the drive to top off your great steak.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Burwood Inn at Merewether Newcastle for six days while attending the Lingard Private Hospital. Awesome staff who assured that everything was organised for my stay. Nothing was too much trouble and the rooms are very well appointed with very modern shared bathrooms. The food in their restaurant was excellent and they looked after my son and my two grandsons as well. Highly recommend this hotel if you are looking at overnight as well as extended stay in Newcastle. Just 2 minutes from Bar beach and about 5 minutes from the CBD and also Charlestown Square is only 10 minutes away. Great job guys, you made my stay extremely pleasant to say the least. Definitely come back again

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Having visited this venue some time ago, we did not need a second excuse, not to visit it again.
With a birthday celebration on that day, the craving for a great steak, the Burwood Inn ticked all of the boxes.
The dining room is situated at the back of the hotel, staff arrive promptly to greet us & providing us with the menu & wine list.
The wine list was very good, a well thought out listing of wines incorporating many Hunter Valley Wines, but with limited wines by the glass. This venue get my praise for having such a good wine list of local wines & not resorting to the whims of a wholesaler who's only intention id to fill it with their listings.
The bar offers a very good selection of on tap beers, with the Stone & Wood being an enjoyable selection.

The menu concentrates on their steaks from various regions, size & cuts.

The Collinson Rib Eye on the Bone @ 400g was my selection, cooked perfectly as requested, medium rare, served with green beans, potato gratin & a portion of Cafe de Paris Butter. This was a great steak, tender to eat, fulfilling my needs for the reason to visit this venue.
The Chicken pie was ordered by the wife, a large bowl of tender chicken pieces, mushrooms covered in a wonder layer of mash potato that stood out as being so silky smooth to consume.

Although the steaks are not on the cheap side, be prepared to pay for something that is a joy to consume, making your visit to The Burwood Inn memorable occasion.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Pub accommodation, room is not spacious but functional, shared renovated bathroom/toilets are looking good and plenty- make sure take key to toilet each time. Kitchenette is also renovated and functional and I liked it.
Get pub for drinks straight after arriving is an incentive, but Noisy night until mid night. Room walls were thin, all next door argument annoyed me.
Walking to beautiful beach in the morning for water front cafes! Gorgeous.
For budget accommodation-may be good place to stay.
I stayed there for visiting Lingard Private Hospital as it was 5 min walk.
Burwood inn is a reputable nice restaurant, busy every nite. I tried prawn pork dumpling w shiitake mushroom$15, pricy but nice light meal. Will I stay there again ? No I do not think so.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2018

Due to their no refund policy, we decided to use up the two nights we had booked. The room was tight, but clean. No en suite - shared bathrooms - which wasn’t too bad as there were a few. Their restaurant is very popular and it’s because the food is so good. Breakfast is in a small room, set up so that you help yourself to cereal, juice, tea/coffee and toast. Very helpful and amenable staff.

Room tip: Ask for a room next door to one of the bathrooms.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple