All reviews leagues club double shower window seat adjoining club bay window restaurant upstairs frosted glass wall spa room hotel guests room service rooms are nice hot breakfast very pleasant stay first floor great facilities good size definitely stay here again
Reviewed 11 September 2018

The experience was very pleasurable. Staff were professional and very helpful at all times. The room was very well appointed and the location was perfect for my business needs. I would stay again and recommend to other work colleagues.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Chris S
TheWestsGroup, Manager On Duty at The Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Chris S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Gateway Inn.

It is a pleasure to read your comments and that you had a comfortable stay with us. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2018

The room is bid and clean with a great comfortable bed. The bathroom is well stocked and clean. The WiFi works well. There is good free parking and access to a gym. When we were there the dining room was being refurbished, but we had the leagues club next door for food. It is also good for breakfast. The reception staff were helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear TrevorMP,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to read your comments as our entire team work really hard to make our guests happy. I will ensure your comments are shared with the team and I am sure this will serve as encouragement to continue to provide exceptional customer service & facilities.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2018

At check in, told I need to provide a $50 deposit, so offered up a $50 note and told no they would not accept that. Would only accept card, but I use a debit card so hate this attitude of some hotels as they hang on to your money for sometimes up to two weeks.

Went to room, TV not working, staff went to find me another room.

While I was waiting for the check in staff to sort out a room with a working TV I noticed the room I was allocated had doors through to the adjoining room. No problem with that all hotels do it. When I look closer there was a wooden wedge under the door to keep the other guest out.

Needless to say after 3 annoying things before I got the (final) room door shut I haven't been back.

There is no restaurant although it's next door to an RSL Club

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TheWestsGroup, Manager on Duty at The Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear bam1748,

Firstly I am sorry you were not aware of the credit card authorization bond that our guests provide on check-in to cover any incidental charges. We do provide this information on all confirmations and online booking sites so our guests are aware at check-in. We have had this policy in place since 2011 and is common practice with hotels to do this so we have as surety of incidental payments at check-out. Unfortunately hotels do not have any control of when the funds are released, each bank sets there own time frame however it is usually around the 3-5 working days.

I am pleased to read that our team were able to assist in moving you to a different room due to the television not working. As you can understand, as much we try to avoid it, at times unforeseen maintenance issues can occur.

I would like to apologise that a chock was accidentally left in your room, our housekeeping do use them while cleaning. I can assure you we do not use chocks as a form of locking the doors and the door would have been key locked.

I do hope you were able to speak with one of our friendly reception team during your stay regarding you concerns.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the future as I am sure your experience will be different next time.

Kind regards
Jill Rye

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Spent two nights here on a business trip. The hotel is located in Mayfield, very comfortable and quiet. Meals can be taken at the club next door. Found the staff friendly the amenities well appointed and the room clean.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
TheWestsGroup, Manager On Duty at The Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Reinhardt K,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is lovely to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our staff work very hard to make our guests feel welcomed & they will love reading your comments.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to The Gateway Inn again on your next business trip to Newcastle.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I attended the Gateway Inn for business. The room itself was well appointed, clean and staff were generally friendly and polite.
I ate breakfast in the restaurant and had the smashed avocado which was delicious.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
TheWestsGroup, Manager On Duty at The Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Maltese_baby,

It is a pleasure to read your comments and it is great to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next trip to Newcastle.

Kind Regards