“Enjoyed this stay more than I should have!”
Review of Mercure Goulburn

Mercure Goulburn
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Goulburn
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I can't tell you how much I loved this place.

Heading up North, this was our first stop on our first ever family road trip with our eighteen month old daughter. It was nothing more than an overnighter in Goulburn, so we just needed somewhere to rest our weary heads.

I left booking until we were on our way (just incase said daughter dictated where in our trip we ended up) and when I checked accommodation prices that morning found that they'd gone up steadily since I'd last checked. I called the hotel direct to see what they could do.

Not only did they do me a better price than I had otherwise found, and I'm quite keen with finding good prices, but it included a contintental breakfast and they upgraded our room so I had a bath for my daughter.

When she asked if I needed to bath her I thought baby bath? No. A corner spa.

So we had a King room. Good lord it was huge. You could live in it. It actually really made the beginning to our holiday, I was so excited! I've stayed in a lot of hotels both personally and professionally so I know what a good sized hotel room means. It was awesome.

You walk in and the decor could have you feeling you were at any high end CBD hotel. Only with the convienince of your car right outside the door.

Locationwise you are right behind the Big Merino, which is a bit of a chuckle. I'm not really that into the 'big things' but they are landmarks and it was most certainly right there. Plenty of basic food options around as well as groceries and petrol. Actually, the petrol across the road was the cheapest we seen all that day, and the next.

The staff were absolutely lovely, so a quick thank you to them for being so accommodating.

We were there on a Saturday night and there was a wedding, which didn't bother us at all. We heard a little of the noise here and there but nothing worth being concerned about. With a young child sleeping you are generally pretty picky about noise, but we were happy as could be.

So in closing, thank you Mecure for providing us with the best possible stop over to kick off our holiday. We thoroughly enjoyed the stay and if we are ever in Goulburn again will not look anywhere else to stay.

Room Tip: King room is MASSIVE
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Service is pleasant , rooms are clean and comfortable. Area is quiet. The only downside is the wifi can be slow and patchy when the hotel is full. The hotel has had a makeover in the last couple of years and the rooms bathrooms have really improved.My hotel of preference when in Goulburn

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Comfortable, large room. Great bed and a good night sleep. Not near centre of town but places to eat near by. Bit expensive for a small town but I think this may have been because it was the long weekend. Reasonable clean. Good free wi fi.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Pros:
Courteous staff who were very helpful in check in.
Adequately sized room with small lounge, table and 2 chairs pluse built in robe.
Extra large king bed which was extremely comfortable.
Air conditioner which heated the room beautifully.
Proximity to cafes, petrol station, highway.
Car parked outside room.
Whisper quiet.

Feedback
Consider putting in IXL or some type of heating in bathroom?
Using toilet paper rolls rather than the pull sheet paper in use currently.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple