See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 December 2016

The room was rather basic - a kettle and some coffee and tea facilities would have improved our stay. The wifi did not reach the room, so we had to stay in the reception to use it. The food was ok, but nothing exepcional

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

For those that know me you do know that I stay in a lot of hotels around the world. Some are the well know branded hotels and others are unknown and in the middle of nowhere! Hotel Søparken is in the north of Jutland in Denmark........ The hotel is listed as 3 stars but the staff operate at 5 stars :). For example I forgot my shaver so the young girl at reception told me not to worry and that she would solve my problem. She finished her shift at 1030 and then drove to a large night store, bought me some disposable razers and brought them to my room! That's great service! The rooms are large but basic and could do with updating. The shower is excellent. I bring my own shower gell usually so I can't comment on the bottle in the bathroom except to say it looked very plain. The food in the restaurant was ok.. Not the best and not the worst. Would I go back? Definitely :)

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

A dirty hotel, with meal service in the hall where the disk was taken out .
Flies on the food and in the lobby ,
mildew and urine smell in the shower ,
and broken furniture.
no pool . And sofa beds outside the sauna
Dirty tablecloth.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2015

Attended an event in Aabybro, where a large group of us were in need of accommodation.

Room:
Dusty, huge stains on sofa bed, leaking windows, blinds that didn't close properly on the velux windows, blinds so thin that even if they did partially close they served very little purpose.

Sleep:
The sound of the flag/rope banging against the flag pole ALL night nearly drove me to cut the thing down! The bed was horrid as I could feel the springs.

Cleanliness:
The place appears to like hoarding things. There seems to be things randomly stored under stairs, near the plunge pool, on the landing, on the floor. They seem to be busy with group gathering for lunch/coffee/cake - but you can leave the hotel and their are plates in reception - come back and they are still there.

Breakfast:
Two days in a row my boiled eggs were raw. Not sloppy, raw! It was like cracking open an egg that had been sat in a warm kitchen. There are a lot of flies around - which is probably to do with being very close to the lovely lake.

Staff:
Very friendly. The younger staff helped with english as reception/management had no language skills (nor did we!)

Served a purpose. But have stayed in better hostels.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2014

With late arrival and water damage to the room, there was no room for us, after driving 2.5 hours and arrival time 22:30. We were offered to sleep in the room anyway with useless bathroom and dripping from the ceiling in half of the room for free, got money refunded without problems. Disappointed that we not were told in advance or another room in the city was arranged for us.

Date of stay: August 2014