All reviews romeo and juliet conservatory area great breakfast the next morning continental options communal fridge b and b milford sound great kiwi quiet street breakfast was excellent new zealand bed and breakfast town centre enjoyed our stay rooms are comfortable friendly owners free wifi
Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

My partner and I spent one night here and we're very impressed all round. Ray was an excellent host, who gave us great recommendations on the area. The room was very comfortable, and the location was great, short walk to town along the very scenic lake. When we left the next morning for Dunedin we decided not to stay for breakfast, Ray was having none of it and insisted we take some muffins for the road. Would definitely recommend and would stay agin

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Ray was the perfect host. Thank you so much, Ray! I had arrived in NZ a few days earlier exhausted and stressed. The Shakespeare House motel provided the perfect 'retreat'. After a day trip to beautiful Doubtful Sound, Ray greeted me with genuine friendliness and very organized. He showed me to my lovely, clean and nicely organized room and had left the heaters on for me (I was actually quite hot when I arrived - the wonderful unpredictable southern South Island weather), so switched them off! :) He suggested a few walks and where I could enjoy dinner. I took off for a couple of hours or more, strolling around town and the neighboring areas, stopping at the fish cafe, and a couple of shops. Such a beautiful peaceful place. The people at Te Anau are a dream. I slept for 12 1/2 hours! I did not wake up until 10.10am. I think check out was 10. Ray was kind enough to let me stay till 11am. If Ray suggests you walk up to different viewing areas of the mountains - do it!!! It is heavenly. You must cross the park to the banks of the lake and see the mountains. Listen to the water. Te Anau is a place of peace. I was told there's not much at Te Anau before I arrived. I could spend a season there, no problem! Travelled onto the Caitlins, Ray, thanks again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2015

Cleanliness, comfort and welcoming are the key characteristics of Shakespeare House, which is a very good B&B. The room was large, comfortable with a very clean bathroom. Breakfast was served in a large room adjacent to the kitchen making you feel welcome. We had a choice of cooked breakfast from bacon and eggs or an omelette. A covered walkway links the accommodation to the breakfast room. Ray’s command of the kitchen provides unique and welcoming view of New Zealand. The room came with a basic cooking utensils for your night time meals. Tables are available in the covered walkway and their use provides a way to meet other guests at the B&B. Overall very good accommodation, within an easy walk of all local restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

Ray welcomed us, knew us by name very quickly and showed himself to be an excellent host. He cooked us breakfast and had all of our group of six served quickly with attractive looking tasty dishes. The bedrooms we were in all opened off a lobby- a good area for socialising. All had en suite bathrooms. Stayed one night and would gladly return.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2015

We stayed for two nights here.
Ray made us feel welcome from the minute we arrived.
Room was clean, comfortable and the little seating area outside the room was lovely.
Ray makes a wicked breakfast.
Whole heartedly recommend staying

Room Tip: All the rooms seem good
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple