“Great Pies and Sausage Rolls”
Review of Miles Better Pies

Miles Better Pies
Ranked #3 of 8 Quick Bites in Te Anau
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 22 March 2016

My Kiwi friend constantly says that NZ has better pies than Australia..... and this shop proved them right.

The mince pies were very delicious and packed full of meat. Delicious crust and the sausage rolls taste homemade quality.

My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw the price but when you consider this almost as meal that will definitely fill you up than it is not so bad.

I had to give this a review because it was a memorable feed I experienced twice in my visit in Te Anau.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

I have to admit is us my very first pie ever, because I never felt tempted pie thus 'construct', but this place is supposed to offer one of the best pies in NZ, and I would simply agree, even though my sample space is so small.
Their Venison is terrific (I am not so much into meat), the pie dough us excellent, light, fluffy, crispy as a pie dough should be.
Great stop in your way to or from Milford Sounds.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

These pies are the best. So full of meat and not full of gelatine or gravy...just yummy venison. Pastry is delicious too.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

By brother picked up this establishment on Trip Advisor so we had to try one. Only a few tables indoor and outdoor, but very tasty pies and great coffee. No sooner than we arrived so did a coachload of tourists

Reviewed 17 March 2016

Yes, the coffee is terrible and the staff could be more pleasant....but....the pies are fantastic! They are packed with tasty meat and fillings. If you are not a meat eater then look elsewhere because the vegetarian pie needs a lot of work; but the apple blueberry is marvelous and the date sconce is to die for...the line goes out the door most of the day with hordes of people lining up and waiting for pies. It seems as if the locals are just as fond of the pies as the tourists are....it is definitely worth waiting in line. I would not call this a restaurant...

1  Thank amovablefeast