All reviewsthe kitchenfree spicesfridge spacebed dormcommunal facilitiestv loungebig hostelprivate roomgreat facilitiesbus stopin townluggage storagewifi worked wellpots and pansreception staff were very helpfulnew zealandquiet area
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I think as long as we look back on our three day Queenstown we will always hold the lakefront YHA close to our hearts. We loved it while we were in the hostel (we spent most of our time in Queenstown packing in activities and the like).

The room and bathroom facilities couldn't be faulted. The laundry and kitchen services were top notch, and I always like to see a place have good recycling policies and this YHA (and its Franz Josef counterpart) had plenty of recycling bins/containers.

Perhaps the biggest star of this hostel is the staff. They are so helpful! From the cleaners to reception staff the management should really be proud of the team they have here. Jordan, Hollie and in particular the German girl (whose name we did not get, but if the management are reading this please thank her) helped us with queries we had. Even if they did not know the answer they strived to help us. I've stayed in many hostels (the ones I've stayed in while visiting NZ have been of a high standard in fairness) and the staff here really could've shown some of the hostels I stayed in a couple of years ago a thing or two.

Try out the massage chairs!

Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
YHANewZealand, Manager at YHA Queenstown Lakefront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Hi Bee, I am beaming with pride about our awesome team and I have shown them this wonderful review! We are also very proud of our newly refurbished hostel and it's great to read such great feedback about the facilities. I would really like to thank you for posting your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back here some day! Very much appreciated. Sue Fairclough, Operations Manager

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We had a really outstanding stay at this hostel. It's one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Great location. Beautiful views and close enough to walk to the town center. It was very clean. The reception staff were very helpful. The kitchen was kitted out really well and so were the bedrooms including chargers and lights attached to each dorm bed. Overall I was extremely impressed with this place. I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
YHANewZealand, Manager at YHA Queenstown Lakefront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post these lovely comments about our hostel.

We are really glad that you enjoyed our newly refurbished facilities and we look forward to welcoming you back here again.

Kind regards, Sue Fairclough, Operations Manager

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We had a brilliant 4 nights here! The facilities are excellent and the room we had was new alongside the showers and toilets! Very nice! The staff were all welcoming and chatty. Eve helped us plan our 4 nights and 5 days with a great selection of activities which we loved and saved us the drive to stay in Te Anau by booking an excellent day trip instead. It was a long day but saved us the driving! Great views from the kitchen and easy walk to town (but away from the noise which is great!). Really recommend!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
YHANewZealand, Manager at YHA Queenstown Lakefront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely comments about our hostel. I'm so glad that Eve was able to help you and I agree that we have a such a great team working here.

We love the views from our kitchen too which is why we chose to install the awesome bar leaner where you can sit and admire the lake and mountains. We hope to see you back here some day.

Kind regards. Sue Fairclough, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

New facilities, wonderful staff, awesome location. Highly recommend this as a place to stay.
I met some great people during my stay. The communal kitchen and entertainment areas facilitated this.
I had been concerned about noisy room mates but they were just like me so we all had a great night sleep.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear Ben,

I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our newly refurbished hostel. We love the location too which is not far from town at all yet is in a unique position right opposite Lake Wakatipu.

We hope to see you back here some day.

Kind regards. Sue Fairclough, Operations Manager

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Perfect relaxing Queenstown location.

Great views, with good facilities. The staff are brilliant, and have good advise as to what to do when in town.

There is a designated secure drying area to store skis, boots, snowboards etc, so you will not need to bring them inside the hostel.

A short walk to the center of town, which never was too far, even at the end of day up on the mountains enjoying the peaks.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear Matt,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hostel.

It's great to hear that you really made good use of our facilities and that they suited your needs as a skiier/snowboarder. I'm also happy to hear that you liked our wonderful team and that they contributed to your nice stay.

We look forward to hosting you again some time!

Kind regards. Sue Fairclough, Operations Manager