I took a 5-day mini-break in the Queenstown/Wanaka region as part of a birthday treat, so the emphasis here was on something a little bit nice, a little bit pampering and a lot bit special. And I got it all and more at The Rees. Lets start with check-in. Seamless, informative and just really personable. I was walked to my loft room, helped with my luggage, shown the amenities and then left to my own devices. The room itself is fantastic and perfect for either the solo traveler like myself, or for a couple. It was one of the Executive Rooms and looked straight out over the lake and the mountains. OK, so there is a bit of a roof underneath you, but that can't be helped because it's high. There are other accommodations, possibly 2 and 3 bedroom, that have balconies with what look like unobstructed views. But back to my room - what a great lay out. I've stayed in Queenstown 3 times, and this is the first time a hotel has taken the opportunity of putting the bed to look directly out of the windows and out onto the mountains. Well done!! It was a joy waking up, opening the curtains and then hopping back into bed to enjoy the view. There are all the usuals - good sized television, minibar, plenty of closet space, an iPod dock - oh, and I forgot to mention that the bed is an extremely comfortable king size with fabulous pillows, one of the best I've slept in. And then there's the bathroom. I had specifically asked for a room with a big bath and I wasn't disappointed - the bathroom is gorgeous, very new and fit my specs perfectly. The bath, a spa bath, was great. The only downside to my stay was a little bit of noise. Firstly caused by my neighbours downstairs - we shared a common entry door, and I later discovered it was a 3 bedroom apartment below me - so anywhere between 3-6 people didn't think anything of doors slamming behind them after 10.30pm at night. But a passing mention to housekeeping the next day resulted in the front desk contacting me and seeking to help - so even that was covered. The staff here are great, from the front desk, through to the bar (who listened to what I said about my preferences for red wine and came up with a great bottle) through to the staff at breakfast. I'm already looking forward to my next visit to Queenstown and to The Rees!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments Queenstown is the new gateway to the True South. We welcome you to enjoy the ultimate Queenstown accommodation experience and savor the rich heritage, vibrant culture and diverse attractions of New Zealand’s glorious Queenstown and Southern Lakes District. The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments Queenstown offers luxury accommodation on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, looking out to The Remarkable Mountains. The Rees Hotel is conveniently located to Queenstown Airport and a short drive away from the centre of Queenstown, and central to the wide range of high quality, year-round attractions and activities offered by Queenstown and the broader Southern Lakes District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rees Hotel And Luxury Apartments
- Rees Hotel Queenstown
- The Rees Hotel Luxury Apartments