“A most pleasant and comfortable stay...the second time was like going home!”

Airport Delta Motel
Ranked #31 of 145 Hotels in Christchurch
GreenLeadersGold level
Singapore, Singapore
“A most pleasant and comfortable stay...the second time was like going home!”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed at the Airport Delta Motel twice (once upon arrival and once the night before we depart) for our recent trip to South Island.

On our first stay, we called the hotel upon arrival at the airport. It took 2 to 3 calls before someone picked up the phone, but once we got them, we were promptly picked up and driven to the motel. We had initially booked the Airport Christchurch Luxury Motel, but due to change in travel dates, they were not available on our revised dates and we picked the Airport Delta instead since they seemed to be of similar quality as the Airport Christchurch and were on the same road (based on website).

The vehicle that picked us was in fact printed with both these motels name and they were in fact located side by side! Furthermore, the reception at the Airport Delta was close when we arrived and we were directed to use the Airport Christchurch's reception for check in. They seems to be runned by the same extended family. So in fact, I had a better deal since the rate at the Airport Delta was slightly lower than the Airport Christchurch, when I booked.

Although we arrived earlier than the check in time, we could go to our apartment immediately, which is much appreciated. The gentleman at the check in was friendly and gave us directions to the supermarket and also suggestions on nearby places for lunch. We had booked our car rental from Apex, which is conveniently located 5 to 10 mins walk from motel.

The motel was pleasantly furnished and our extra rollaway bed for the 5th person as well as extra towels were all made up and ready for us. The kitchen was well equiped and appliances and utensils clean. They had a dishwasher which is great. We were chosen the ground floor apartment which is perfect as we could park right outside our apartment 7, which is also right next to the laundry room (but not noisy at all!) Washing machine usage was free while it cost $2 to use the dryer. Bedrooms and bathrooms were of comfortable size. The bathroom even had a spa bath!

On our last night in SI, we were back at the Airport Delta and were most happy to get the exact same apartment again. This time my kids tried the spa bath and loved it!

The location of the motel was convenient to the 2 places that we had planned to visit in Chritchurch, International Antarctic Centre on our arrival day and Willowbanks on our return. So it worked out wonderful. Its proximity to Apex car rental and provision of airport transfers worked out really well for us too. Much cheaper for us to rent from Apex rather than an airport onsite car rental company.

Upon our return home, my boys discovered that they left their Baldwin Street (Dunedin) certificates which they got for climbing the world's steepest street at the Airport Delta. I wrote to the motel to ask if they had seen it and they had and in fact had also kept them aside. They got our home address and promised to mail it to us in Singapore. The certs are not expensive, but are just momentos which my boys really wanted. We have yet to receive the certs but we understand that there could be delays since there was yet another earthquake in Christchurch after we communicated with the Airport Delta, and they must be very busy and had more urgent matters to attend to.

In conclusion, the Airport Delta is a very pleasant place to stay and we were most comfortable. Going back to it the second time was like going home!

Room Tip: Ground Floor apartments - don't have to carry luggage upstairs!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Lisa E, Manager at Airport Delta Motel, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
We are pleased to hear your family had such an enjoyable stay in NZ. I trust that the Baldwin Street certificates arrived safe and sound. After walking up there they were well deserved!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We stayed here for two weeks on our arrival in NZ, funded by my new employer. The location was convenient for the airport (and for work) and easy to find, and the staff friendly and helpful. There is a dairy (convenience store) within walking distance, if you know where to find it, and a couple of places to eat but reaching other shops would probably need a car. (I didn't investigate bus routes.)

The room was clean and comfortable, and not cold despite it being winter.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Lisa E, Manager at Airport Delta Motel, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Thank you for the feedback. We hope to see you again. Should you need to catch a bus next time we have a bus stop right at the door with options to the City, Westfield and Northlands Malls and right out to Sumner.
Blenheim, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We were greeted by a lovely lady when we arrived at the motel and found the room to be spotless and had everything we required. The bed was king size and very comfortable which meant a great nights sleep!! Located within a handy distance to the airport. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Lisa E, Manager at Airport Delta Motel, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Thank you very much for the kind review. We hope to see you again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Location - 2 min drive from the airport, no surprise really as it's an airport motel :)
The rooms are quite modern, feel only recently furbished, they are very well equipped and clean. We stayed there on our last night in NZ and it was a very nice way to end the whole trip. It was certainly the nicest room we had in NZ.
The staff was super friendly and accommodating.

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Lisa E, Manager at Airport Delta Motel, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
It's always nice to have guests return to us at the end of their travels around New Zealand.
Mornington, Australia
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stayed here whilst on a work trip and due to it being a motel and near an airport I wasn't expecting much however it far exceeded my fussy standards!
I checked in late at night and the key to my room was exactly where I was told it would be.
My room was lovely and clean and very comfortable.
I was very happy with the bathroom and this is usually an area in a hotel that I am most particular.
I had laundry done here and it was returned to my room by that evening which was an excellent help when I needed clean uniform for the next day.
I met the owners who were very welcoming and lovely people. Nothing was to much trouble even when I had to disturb them after hours when I had locked myself out of my room.
Even after I had checked out the excellent service continued. I had left a bracelet in the room, which I had not realised until they emailed to let me know that they had it posted back to me in Australia.
I was very happy with the time I spent at the Airport Delta Motel and would thoroughly recommend this accomodation to others.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank OllyMc
Lisa E, Manager at Airport Delta Motel, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Pleased to hear we can please a guest with 'fussy standards'.