“Fabulouse Fresh Sushi, very good lunch rates”

At Tonys Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #293 of 1,210 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I had been to Tony's 9 years ago and was pleased that it is still there. The lunch was a very good price of $12. The sushi was very fresh and good rice. And the miso soup was very good. Quick service, and it was all good. It is a bit loud, but that is because it was very busy. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Love Tony's come here at least once a fortnight. Always amazing! The food is always of the highest quality and the staff excellent!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Last week was the fourth time for me to dine here but only the second time that I had teppanyaki here ( ate at other branch before food also good and that was in Ferrymed ).As requested from the boys so we sat at teppanyaki table ( by the grill ) and this was fun for kids to see how they prepared the meal.I ordered sashimi(moriawase) and california roll (ebi) for starters that was nice and very fresh.For main,teppanyaki here have quite number of selection and again great food. Staffs were friendly,nice atmosphere.
For parking you can park off the street or at rare ( share parking ).
Overall we were happy and not hesitate to go back again.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 7 May 2016

We ate here last weekend after watching a movie.

Certainly one of the more classic, yet enjoyable Japanese experiences is teppanyaki, and tony's is definitely my favourite in Christchurch.

Although far from being value for money, I like the set meal options, as it gives you a good variety. They are good at their craft at @tony's, and I can also vouch for their restaurant in ferrymead too.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank samsammypepper
Reviewed 28 April 2016

I went here with friends last night as every time I have been previously I have enjoyed the experience. The food was very nice and on Thursdays they have a great special. We ordered drinks and my wife ordered a glass of the House Sav. When I went to pay the price of the glass of wine was $18. This is outragous for one glass of house wine which usually is the better priced wine of a resturant.
If this is going to be the norm then I will be steering clear of the place in the future.Although we ordered an all you can eat Teppanyaki Buffet after we had our meal the grill plate was turned off and they had to turn it back on when we said we wanted some more dishes.

Date of visit: April 2016