See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I arrived on Sunday to them not even having my booking even though they were called on Friday for confirmation. Be aware the say they don't give refunds. Lucky they had vacancy. Went to take a shower in the morning and after running the hot water for 5 mins it was still freezing cold. Considering it was only 5deg outside a freezing cold shower is not what I want first thing in the morning. When I tried to cancel the rest of my stay I was told they don't give refunds. Avoid if you like warm showers and customer service.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Fiona R
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Good location was about the only good thing. Dated units, worn carpet, office smelt of cigarette smoke, towels in rooms also smelt of smoke, grubby surfaces. Bed mediocre. You can get FAR better in Christchurch for the same or not much more.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2017

We had a 3 night stay - were were down for a family reunion. Our unit was dirty with dust everywhere, and carpet stains "hidden" under carpet. There was hazard tape on the floor of the shower base, and there was a "spongy" feel to the base like it would give way and wasn't safe. They did not re-supply tea/coffee etc following the second night or takeaway rubbish. Towels were dumped on the unmade bed. My sister was also staying, and had the same hazard tape on the shower base. Sadly, their unit was broken into, and their phones, ipads, handbag, cards, money etc got stolen (while they were sleeping). They also took their truck keys and stole their vehicle. The management were extremely offhand about it, and did little to comfort a very distraught family of 5 - including a 2 year old baby who was now without a carseat or pram, or nappies! One person said nothing like this had happened in 10 years...the other said the same unit had been broken into 2 days prior and they had changed the locks (which did not appear changed at all) and then accused my brother in law of not locking the door! Another unit was also targeted, and the offenders spent 5 minutes in there but lucky for them nothing was taken. The moteliers next door were far more helpful and provided video footage of the site from their CCTV footage. Apparently this motel was installing CCTV on Monday (a public holiday)! I noted that they were "scoping" this on the Sunday afternoon....

all I can say is I wish I had checked Tripadvisor before we made the booking. When I see that in 2015 that there was hazard tape in the shower! that is deplorable.

Room Tip: I wouldn't.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

This is yet another motel in Christchurch that is now run by people who have a very limited command of English. There is nothing about it that is modern but it was clean and tidy. The bed was comfortable but the is no heating and no fan so it is very much a mild weather location. The wifi worked well. Amusingly when I left at 8am the office was closed and the no vacancy sign was up. It felt like the managers had left the premises and weren't likely to be back any time soon.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Arrived late afternoon. Upon opening the door to room 4 we were greeted by an almost overpowering stench of cat urine which the motel representative couldn't smell!.. He offered to spray some air freshener. I told him that wouldn't get rid of the smell. We didn't see him for the rest of our two night stay. It was a warm day and the smell improved after airing the room each time we returned.
The carpets are soiled and worn and the towels had a strange chemical odor with a slight resemblance of cigarette smoke.
Cleaning cobwebs away from the ceiling is advised..
The built in fan heater doesn't work and the free standing heater to replace it had been melted down one side!
This was a pretty average motel with nothing, apart from a luxurious toilet paper, being done to make a point of difference to others motels that we have stayed at within this price range.
Our travelling companions had a room on the ground floor that had been better cared for.

Room Tip: Not room 4...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family