All reviewslincoln roadground floor unitgood sized bathroomcomfortable bedstayed here for two nightsserviced dailybus stopquiet at nightstreet noisemotelhorncastletransalpinecityunitsarenakitchenetteheater
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Fair price. I booked & stayed for 3 nights. It's clean and you get the expected toiletries required whilst travelling. Some street noise but quiet at night when needed. No bright lights, curtains keep any light out. Not the newest motel around but it's clean and for what you pay it's good. I only had one thing that made the stay uncomfortable which was the foam mattress. One thing a motel shouldn't save money on is mattresses. Foam mattresses are the worse thing to sleep on and this stopped me from booking again the following week when I returned to Christchurch. Other than a couple that live behind the motel having a loud argument on my first night I never saw or heard from anyone for the 3 days, which for me was great. The do not disturb door handle notification was adhered too. The hot water was hot, heater in bathroom, shower over tub. There was a choice of different sized pillows & overall other than the really uncomfortable mattress & arguing neighbours it was a pleasant experience.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Difficult to understand person on phone when booking, hard to repeat over phone. In morning the cleaner came into our unit at 9.00 claiming she thought we had left, no knocking etc just barging in. Very unprofessional. I would not stay here again or recommend to anyone.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

The family room there might have been the first place we stayed at that was actually bigger than our house. The quiet surrounds were nice and yet we were close to town. Comfortable place that was a good base for Christchurch.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Chao528, Manager at Addington Stadium Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Thanks for your stay and the reviews.

Reviewed 19 November 2016

stay there for a night to catch the transalpine, check in with the friendly staff help us took the bag into the room, the owner took us to the station next morning very helpful, the room is very comfortable , good value to catch the transalpine, would recommend to all.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Due to the earthquake we were unable to proceed with our train trip planned holiday.I rang the motel and was spoken to by someone I could barley understand who repeated everything I said and just said no refund.
As I had booked thru Booking .com I rang them, they pointed out that although the booking was a no cancellation booking ( which I was unaware of) they felt due to the natural disaster and it was a week out from the booking that a refund was acceptable
. So they rang the motel themselves and got the same parrot that I did, he was gob smacked that anyone should be in charge of the phone enquiries with so little understanding of English.

So booking .com wrote a letter to the management of the motel but alas the answer is still NO.

not happy with response, its not about the money now, its about the level of service, if I were an overseas tourist I would wonder what sort of place this was

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple