All reviewsfree wifiroom was cleansoapkitchenettecitydispenserlounge
Reviewed 25 February 2018

The hotel itself was ok, but the experience was sub-par. You never knew day to day if and to what level your room was going to be in when you came back in the evenings. Some days your towels got replaced, other days they didn't. Some days the bed got made, other days it didn't. Some days the rubbish was emptied, other days it wasn't. Sometimes they gave you more toilet paper, other days they didn't. The internet was awful and was practically impossible to get any work down from the hotel room and ended up just tethering to my mobile. A pod machine was available for coffee in the room, but again somedays you got one and other days you didn't. I had to ask for one once, and I got a USED one! Hosts were friendly, but I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
ComfortRiccarton, Manager at Comfort Inn Riccarton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed we did not meet your expectations. If you needed service all you had to do was actually ask. Yes we do have Nescafe Dulco Gusto pod machines in our room for Coffee lovers, and the pod you were given was out of new box as I brought the box to the office. Sadly, you did take the time not come back to Office to allow us to put things right for you. Our staff do not service rooms that have notices on them, and this may have been your situation. We are a very friendly team, and go out of our way to make guest enjoy their stay. Our welcoming comment is come down and see us if you need assistance as we are here to make your stay enjoyable. It appears we may have dropped the ball on this occasion realising communication is a two way street. We do apologise for this lack of guest satisfaction. Other guest have different experience and often comment that it felt like Home.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

The room was well set out and close to malls & dairy. Bus stop directly outside plus on site parking. These were the positives.
As indicated in previous reviews, rooms do not appear to always get serviced.
The soap handwash was empty in the bathroom upon arrival. Next morning a knock on the door and I was asked by housekeeping if I required my tea & coffee replenished, which I did not. I was away shortly thereafter thinking soap, toilet paper, towles etc would be replenished, however upon my return much later on that evening my room had not been touched!!
Word to the lady owner, yelling at your husband in the car park is not acceptable behaviour for any business owner!! Very embarrassing that guests have to listen to this!!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
ComfortRiccarton, Manager at Comfort Inn Riccarton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Comfort Inn Riccarton.
We are pleased you found your accommodation the room was well set out and close to malls & dairy. Bus stop directly outside plus on site parking. Please be assured that all our guest rooms are serviced during guests stay.
We are disappointed to read that you were not totally satisfied with your experience while staying with us.
We are sorry that the room you requested did not have a full Soap dispenser, but all you need to do was ask the staff to replenish with a new non- refillable tube, and the issue would have been fixed, Sadly you did not communicate this to anyone during your stay. If you send the staff away from Servicing your room, they do not return to change towels, as they believe what you the guest informs them . We note in our records that the staff did not do a service as you told them every thing was good. A pieces of advice next time is to go to the Office explain things, so they can put it right, not write afterward on review platforms when you did not give the accommodation provider that opportunity when you were a guest with us. The guest must take responsibility for their actions or lack of them in this review. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location to all of Christchurch's main attractions. Many guests choose to return and stay with us regularly due to our value and location.

Thanks so much for taking the time out to write a review.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Quiet unit at the back (#23) so never heard the main road traffic. Staff very helpful and friendly but found it odd that the coffee pod wasn't replenished (had a three day stay) and had to ask for more milk. Plenty of tea and some hot chocolate sachets though.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
ComfortRiccarton, Manager at Comfort Inn Riccarton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Hello Annette, Thank for your comments all feedback is appreciated. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our property and that you found our location convenient for your work. Sorry to hear that you expected to have your Bottle of milk replaced daily. We are generous in offering a bottle of milk to our guests. Should you need more then you are welcome to come and ask, as you did on your stay. We are Sorry that the staff, did not replace the Coffee pods, you were more than welcome to come to the Friendly staff and request more of these. We are delighted you found your room quite.

Thank you for your praise of our Management staff. We pride ourselves of being one of the only Motels in Christchurch that is owned and operated by South Island locals. We endeavour to deliver superior customer care to all of our guests along with the cleanest guest rooms in town. Thank you for the compliment in our location- handy.

It was a pleasure accommodating you and we hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I checked in quite late and so was extremely tired from a full on day.

I was welcomed and checked in with ease, given clear instructions to my room and got a choice of a mini milk bottle.

My room lights were on when i got to my room and they had the heater going for me so was very comfortable.

The room was very large for what I needed as you will see by the pictures but regardless, it was nice to have the space.

It had a massive spa bath which unfortunately I had no time to use, and a seperate toilet.

The room had a proper kitchen and lounge suit so I was definitely spoilt for space and areas to work.

Free wifi is alway key for me and a comfy bed, which they had.

All in all I was very happy here and would recommend it. It's not your typical hotel for business but it is like a home away from home.

Little loves: The makeup wipes and dedicated makeup flannel - I loved this and thought was prefect for us makeup wearing ladies.

Mirror light - Again, perfect for those of us who need good lighting to apply our war paint.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our property and that we had gone the extra mile for a you on a cold evening to ensure you entered a warm room as Late check In. We are delighted you felt welcomed by our very friendly staff. We are glad you were able to use our fast, free WiFi, large rooms with kitchenette facilities.

Thank you for your praise of our Management and housekeeping staff. We pride ourselves of being one of the only Motels in Christchurch that is owned and operated by South Island locals. We endeavour to deliver superior customer care to all of our guests along with the cleanest guest rooms in town. Thank you for the compliment in our location- handy.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel rooms are very clean! Nice carpet. Simple design. Full kitchenette. Parking right infront of your room. Guest laundry is always a great idea. It's in an awesome area. We went to dinner right down the street. Plenty of restaurant choices. Mall. It's located in city central

Stayed: June 2017

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our property and that you found our location convenient. We agree that our rooms are generous in size and offer great all-round value. Many of our regular guests also appreciate our fast, free WiFi, friendly staff and kitchenette facilities. Excellent Complimentary Parking. We have over 20 Restaurant within walking distance to visit any night, so we believe we are spoilt for choices for our guests.