Amross Court Motor Lodge(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$ 89
US$ 85
US$ 133
US$ 118
US$ 233
US$ 190
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 235/night.

US$ 122
  • Room Service
Ibis Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$ 88
ibis
  • Free Internet
Rendezvous Hotel Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$ 97
US$ 80
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 90/night.

US$ 154
US$ 106
Terra Vive Luxury Suites & Apartments(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
US$ 100
Priceline
Quest Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$ 83
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 96/night.

US$ 164
US$ 151
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsa ground floor roomwell located hotelwestfield shopping centrebotanical gardensbus stopbit datedfree wifinight's sleepenjoyed my stayshort stayhire carcentral christchurchairportconvenience
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

The Ashley is an average hotel, the rooms are modern, clean and comfortable but there isn't anything outstanding.
Some of the minor things that disappoint are the large glass doors which means the curtains must be pulled for any privacy which restricts light, plus no indoor access to the rooms which is not good when it rains.
Again these are some of the minor issues. If you are looking for somewhere cheap and central without the trimmings then the Ashley is fine.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Very good location not far from town center and you can find lots of restaurant shops and places to go. The interior is good, the bed was so comfortable and location was quiet so would not bothered by the noise on the street.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights ago, great price but I think this is there winter rate. Clean room, could have done with an extra blanket - but there was a heater and electric blanket. Great location very close to the mall and Buddha stix

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

What a great little hotel, got a reasonable accommodation rate the staff were amazing and very helpful my room was serviced over the 2 nights I stayed. It was warm comfy and clean. Thank you to the very helpful staff! Xx

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We booked this Hotel!!!!!! because it was recommended and we thought it would be like "The Ashley Hotel" in Greymouth. Ooooooh we were wrong. It was nothing like the Ashley Hotel in Greymouth. In fact it IS NOT A HOTEL at all. It is only a Motel. The only hint a a meal available was a Continental Breakfast at $22.50 per person.

We had travelled over on the West Coast Shuttle and were able to be dropped off near by (which was awesome. Thanks Cedric).

When we arrived at reception, I gave our name. I had booked via a phone call and had to pay before we travelled. When I received the booking confirmation via computer, it stated our room number. This was NOT the room we were put in. We were taken to a room, behind reception on the ground floor, with no view whatsoever, as there was a big tree right in front of the Lounge/Bedroom/entrance. We were just about to open our bags and have a visit to the other room in the Unit. The receptionist came running round and said, "Our manager said we can't put you in here as it is going to have some maintenance done." We will put you in another room." We had to pick up our bags and head to our NEW room. Thankfully it was on the ground floor,because neither one of us would have been able to make the stairs.

When we finally settled into our room, I turned the bed back as I needed to have a rest, as my back was painful. I was shocked when I seen the top of the "white blanket" on the bed. There is no way in hell that I was gonna sleep with that covering me at night. It was a nice white blanket, with a dirt mark right across the width of the top. It was replaced when I brought it to the staff attention..

The shower is another story. I am not a great fan of hot showers, so I was okay, BUT the other person in the unit with me, said for her it was nowhere near hot.

When we were there, the weather in Christchurch was pretty good. It would have been nice to see some sort of seating outside,where people could sit and enjoy the sunshine. The only seating, was up the flight of stairs on the 2nd level (a picnic table and seats). No good for anyone on the ground floor.

It was obvious from the occupancy rate while we were there, that this was not a popular place. From what we could see, there wouldn't have been anymore than 4 or 5 units occupied on any of the 3 nights we were there. I would not stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Not a place with good views anywhere that we could see.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank FooFoo123
Jacob W, Guest Relations Manager at The Ashley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear FooFoo123,

We do regret that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us and take your comments on board in our strive to provide the best possible service to our guests. Please note our restaurant is only open for breakfast service. Our reservation confirmations do not include room numbers only a confirmation number. We do apologize for the miscommunication in expected maintenance with the room relocation. We have also spoken to our housekeeping team regarding the sheet on arrival to ensure our high standards of room cleanliness are maintained correctly. We do appreciate your time taken to leave your feedback and we wish you all the best on your onward travels.