“Delicious bento boxes”

Ranked #269 of 1,203 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 12
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We usually have the samurai burgers but decided to try 2 different bento boxes - salmon & crispy chicken and they were both delicious! The portions were not big, but they came with rice, miso soup and salad. The staff were friendly and food arrived very quickly.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I am I huge fan of this place normally but I was meet with some pretty bad service today. After not been given my order number, my order was forgotten about. I asked the person who serviced me if I could have my order number and she assured me that everything would be fine.
I grew impatient after 4 people that were lined out after me who had ordered the same as me had received there meals before, so I asked again this time I was greeted with rudeness when asking about my order. I waited 25 minutes for my order while people were eating the same dish but had ordered after me.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 23 July 2017

It was my first time to have a meal there and I ordered 'Pork Katsu Don( deep fried crumble pork) for my lunch.

I couldn't enjoy the meal as the price of $13.90.. Well did I expect too much?
I have had lots lots of Katsu don any restaurants but I was disappointed 'Hachi Hachi Pork Katsu don'

I don't think they hammered/smashed pork before crumbling so It was really chewy and seemed like overcooked and oily because I had been waiting over 15mins. also less katsu sauce and poor presented salad on the rice.

I am sure I can have much better pork katsudon with that price in the other Japanese restaurant.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Very yummy Udon Noodles - Tempura Udon - a new taste sensation for me. Loved it and perfect on a cold wintry day.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

C2 crispy chicken curry was beautiful. Definitely be back. Recommend to all. Hugh selection and a great feel to the place. Food is prepared quickly