All reviews econo lodge clean tidy one night stay units motel lamp city
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I stayed at Econolodge due to all other motels around city fully booked because of some big events out there. I found the motel is very dated, basic for the price they charged me at $140/night . fortunately its only one night. will not go back again

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Neil Diamond concert cancelled owner charged for room with 3 !! months in advance cancellation.Nasty!
This puts me off even coming to Christchurch ever again but I certainly would never stay here.He blames expedia so I'll stop using them too.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We choose this motel due to its locality. While we didn't need to cook the kitchen was in the entranceway and was very small. There was very little bench space and the fridge and microwave were in the studio area. The unit needed upgraded, however was suitable for a one night stay.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2017

It's a nice decent motel and affordable. A no. of rooms. Decent size kitchen. Carpark just outside the door way and is covered from the weather (rain). The beds are a bit nicer than some other motels I have tried, the bed sheets are maybe not as white and crisp. The kitchen while large and comprehensive was maybe aged. Ditto the bathroom. Like a 1980s NZ house . That all said it was functional. The heater in the lounge was also making squealing noises so we had to turn it off. WiFi was free but very weak though, 0.2Mbps speed with speedtest.net and youtube videos were not possible. We just used our own mobile data with our smartphones. Based the rating on a functional night's sleep, however it won't be a honeymoon suited or those with higher standards.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We had a last minute flight cancellation due to severe weather warnings - Econolodge were very accommodating with this change and went out of their way to make our delayed stay a positive one. Thanks again!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple