All reviewscity centrenew zealandsouth islandthe owner managerwithin walking distancedvd playerlittle touchesrooms are spaciouswould definitely stay here againgreat place to stayquiet locationstayed here for nightsvisit christchurchlast nightrecyclingmotelnz
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We absolutely loved our stay at CentrePoint on Colombo motel. The hosts were very lovely and friendly. They provided excellent information on the city and places to eat nearby. The rooms are spacious and tidy with everything that you need. Leon, the manager, was so kind. He went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. The motel is the perfect location - walking distance to the city centre. We ended up extending our stay here for another few days as we enjoyed it so much. Thank you for having us and we will definitely be coming to stay again!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights, the room was okay all the necessities you need. King size bed was good for all of us as I dont need extra beds. My kids are just 2 years old and a 10 month old. Kudos to them as they made sure the room is clean everyday, they let me borrow some dvds and game toys for the kids ( the lady was lovely as well as the son thank you for being nice) and helped me to unlock the safe. But

And the manager, Leon reminded that it was an upgrade, but when booking it I already know there is a jetted tub on it so no need to tell me that you upgraded it for us. Although the jetted tub needs a bit of a clean as seen on photo its mouldy and dirty and give an unpleasant smell while staying in the tub. The sink needs repair as well.

For the price we paid, it was just average. If I only knew that it would be more pricey (as i need to pay extra for my two kids) I should have just booked in a different motel or hotel I suppose. Had a bit of a confusion while booking our accomodation as I didnt realise it was an honest mistake, I didnt include my kids on the booking so make sure to double check that when booking at TripAdvisor otherwise you will be treated as if you're trying to get away from paying it. I was trying my best to show the manager how I booked it through TripAdvisor that theres no kids tab/option and it was an honest mistake. I even showed it to him from my phone but Hence, said that its not their problem so I have to call Wotif. I really felt humiliated and just wanted to cancel the rest of the days. Although we can't because we have to pay for the cancellation fees etc so just decided to continue our stay. The manager didn't even wait for the last day for us to pay the remaining balance and knocked at our door to remind us that we have to pay for the kids. How rude is that?!

Awesome location in city centre of Christchurch but definitely not staying here again

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Lovetravellove
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Great place to stay, near and tidy accomodation in good condition, location is perfect, just a short walk to cathedral square, bars, restaurants etc and service is great from the friendly staff who are always willing to help

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for three days on a business trip. This motel is quite central to Christchurch CBD, which is a useful asset given how difficult it can be to find parking currently in Christchurch (though this has improved with the opening of the new Westend carpark). I was working at Christchurch hospital and found I could leave the car behind and walk there if I wanted to (about 20-25 minutes).
The motel itself is spotlessly clean, with large rooms. I had a one bedroom apartment, which was split over two levels. Excellent heating- essential in the cold Canterbury winter. A small, but well equipped kitchenette. The bathroom was really tiny, which was a surprise considering how big the other rooms were, but it had plenty of shelving and again was absolutely one of the cleanest bathrooms I have ever seen.
The bedroom had a very comfortable double, plus a single. The choice of TV channels was varied and the free wifi was fast and reliable (with a 5GB/day limit).
The manager Leon is a delight... nothing was too much trouble, and he is a fountain of useful knowledge.
Very happy with my choice this trip and would happily stay again. It was great value for money.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights before continuing on our trip of the South Island. Great value room with kitchenette and large bathroom. Motel manager was very friendly and provided excellent maps of the city including restaurant recommendations. Could walk to the CBD in 10 mins and all main sights within 20 mins. Room was relatively small and a bit dated but has everything you need and was clean and well maintained. Would happily stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple