“The best staff”

Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
wellington
“The best staff”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

one night i lost my phone somewhere on the road and one of your staff member sam foound it and called me on my phone and returned it back, was verry much appritiated....Good job sam cheers!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Hi marck d,
Thank you for your review and that is fantastic news. I will pass on your comments to Sam at the Front Office team.
CQ Hotels Wellington
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Levin
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Had the best ever time staying at CQ Quality hotel,the room was fantastic,staff excellent and the breakfast was divine.Will definitely be back next year,thank you so much for making our stay so enjoyable.

Hi Denise S,
Thank you for your reviews of CQ Hotels Wellington. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and dining experience. The team takes great pride in the service they deliver and I was pleased to share your comments with them. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again soon.
Hawkes Bay
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We booked a twin queen for ourselves, our 5 yr old plus our twin babies. The room was very spacious and clean, with plenty of floor area for all the kids to spread out! No problems getting the pram in and around. The reception staff handled any issues happily & were very quick to organise another room when we realised there was no bath in the first one. We loved the location and didn't have trouble with noise. Car parking is easy to find on the street but the parking wardens are VERY vigilant and all of us had tickets on our windows in the morning (read the conditions properly!) We then paid for hotel parking which was fine. We had a really enjoyable stay.

Hi kreenbean,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at CQ Hotels Wellington. It is always fantastic to receive positive feedback.
I will pass on your comments to our team; it will serve as encouragement to all of our employees as we endeavour to constantly improve the quality of our services.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I am looking forward to welcoming you again in a near future.
Feilding
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the Quality Hotel on the 7th floor.
The room was nice and very spacious but it did not have air conditioning and it was un-bearbly hot most of the day and at night.

I called reception to find out if there was an air con control I couldn't find. I was told that the room did not have air conditioning and I should open the one small window there was and turn on the white plastic free-standing fan they provided.
This did nothing.
We checked out early because it was too hot to stay in the room.

I would not stay here again until this otherwise nice hotel catches up to the 1950s and installs air conditioning in all rooms.

Epic Fail in my opinion

Hopefully Hotel management monitor this feedback.

Room Tip: Demand a room with air conditioning, do not assume that all (or any) of these rooms have air conditi...
1 Thank Ted G
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Hi Ted G
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the CQ Hotels Wellington.
I have taken careful note of your comments in regards to the air conditioning and would like to inform you that we are in the process of finalising our budgets to install air conditioning units in the north part of the hotel; this will ensure that the majority of our rooms remain at a cool temperature during the warm summer period.
Once again I appreciate you sharing your concerns and feedback, and I am looking forward to welcoming you in a near future.
London
Reviewed 19 April 2012 via mobile

I couldn't believe the size of our room! We had booked a queen double, as my very tall husband does not trust "king size". Each bed was enormous and very comfortable.
The shower room was fairly small. The shower had a rather odd enclosure - a corner unit with fixed glass walls extending to about 50% of the open sides. These did protect the loo and basin from being soaked, but not the rest of the floor. Not a big problem, but a strange design.
The room had one huge wall of glass. It looked directly over to the other side of the hotel, so no view. You could just about see out towards Cuba Street on one side. In the morning the sun streamed in and heated up the room rather quickly. If you were staying in the room, you would have to keep the curtains closed. In the evening, the light in such a large room was poor. No central lights, but four bedside lights and some others around the walls.
We found the location excellent. I have stayed in Wellington before, but in the suburbs which are much quieter, especially in the evenings. The Cuba Street area is slightly scruffy (for any Londoners, it reminded me a little of Camden) but very lively and most of the Lonely Planet's recommended restaurants were within 5 minutes' walk. We had a good evening meal in the Flying Burrito Brothers and an excellent breakfast in the Olive Cafe, both virtually opposite the hotel.
Parking was very convenient. It cost $20 per day, but we thought this was a good deal. There is lift access between the car park levels and the hotel.
There is supposed to be internet access. We failed to connect in our room - or at least we connected, but the connection failed as soon as I tried to do anything. I though I'd try in the lobby, but it didn't work there either... Admittedly I didn't complain to the staff about this as there was nobody behind the desk at the time.
Overall, good value central hotel and we would stay there again.

Stayed April 2012