All reviews willis street cuba st across the road bed was very comfortable centre of town buffet breakfast courtenay place fi cafes
Reviewed 17 November 2017

i stayed here for the first time. this hotel was excellent, clean, tidy, the room was lovely. it was clean, the room was excellent, and for the price being so reasonable. this is the place i would stay at each time. this hotel would be my first pick. i could not fault it. staff were lovely, and this hotel was a short walk to the bus that connected to the airport flyer bus, and to miramar to see Weta. and also into the main shopping center of wellington.

Room Tip: clean, tidy, cheap and close to town.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2017

We stayed here 2 nights. Hotel is a bit away from CBD but still in a walking distance. Near hotel has a 7 days food court, it's quite convenience

Room is small but comfortable and clean.

Breakfast is a little bit poor, not many choice and close at 10am but actually we could not have our breakfast at 9:30am on 2nd days!!

Reception is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel was fully booked. My room had a strong odour. The front desk Staff did the best they could .

The hotel is very old so be prepared the photos didnt really show the true overall quality. Also the neighbourhood around has a more sketchy feel.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 15 November 2017

The rooms here were bizarre. SO small - I hadn't stayed in a single bed since backpacking (most backpackers are cheaper and nicer than this place). No wardrobe so hopeless if you're travelling for business and don't want your work shirts crushed. Bathroom was terrible. Sink is in a narrow corridor off the bedroom. By narrow, I mean I couldn't lift my arms to tie up my hair in front of the mirror. No place to hang a hand towel, so after washing your hands you need to walk with dripping hands into the bathroom proper. Sink could have fitted in the bathroom if it weren't for the shower-over-bath. Who would take a bath in a grimy feeling hotel? It just didn't need to be there. The shower curtain looked older than me. The toilet was irritating because the flush was behind the lid, so you had to drop the lid to flush every time. Who designs these things? Someone who doesn't use a toilet? The location wasn't great - Wellington is small anyway so you could walk to the centre of the city, but it was definitely on the outskirts. I had a lot of heavy samples to take to meetings so wasn't that convenient for me. Also while I was there some guys were hanging out on a nearby corner and hassling people walking past. On my last day the police came and cleared them away. Overall, the hotel needs a renovation desperately - and demolition and a rebuild would be better.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Service on check in was great. I booked a triple room, which was basic but generous size, clean and quiet. Have stayed here previously and both times I have been impressed. Good location too, just a quick walk to Cuba street and 10mins to Courtenay place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family