“Nice quiet restaurant”

Plimmerton Taj
Ranked #355 of 1,081 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 1 July 2017

We live down the road and often come here for Indian food. It is nice, good value and we always enjoy it. The ambiance is nice too. It is a good mid-week place for a quick evening meal when you don't want to cook at home. I would have to say though that it is very kiwi in its flavours and menu items. I would come here for good filling yummy food but not for a traditional Indian food experience. I've never quite figured out the differences between many of the dishes as the sauces all seem to taste very similar.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 22 April 2017

The Food and service is excellent the atmosphere of the restaurant is good too. Really I could not fault this restaurant as small as it is, I would rate this one as one of the best Indian cusine restaurants I have ever been to, and whats more the itemised receipt is the icing the cake so there is no debating what you are paying for.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

A reasonable restaurant with an OK but not special atmosphere, a willing young waitress and good Indian food.
My meal was authentic to its origins, tender and well spiced.
The dessert menu was very limited, given the true variety of Indian sweet meats there are to make, but possibly these for not sell here.
Go for the food!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

I had no great expectations and went with an open mind. Fish curry was ok but not outstanding. The green salad was simply sliced tomato, sliced carrot sliced cucumber (the only green) and sliced raw onion. Our coconut rice was dry and lacked flavour

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

We popped in for tea. The mixed platter was ok. We ordered the Chicken pasanda and the balti lamb. The chicken and lamb were boiled as advised by the chef. The meat was disgusting. Not sure if we'd go back again the meat put me off.

Date of visit: January 2017