See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

This has got to be the worst place I have ever stayed. So much so that we checked out early with no refund. I liked the fact they had toilet paper and soap in the toilets. After that I'm struggling to find anything positive.
The whole place stinks of stale body odour. Mainly of the foot variety. We could hardly breathe. There were notices/rules everywhere but little attention paid to them. Our room was covered in stains, bedclothes were filthy and the beds looked nothing like the photos. Springs were noisy and showers opened into the corridor with cold water.
Go anywhere else. Even sleep in a car in preference.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 1 July 2017

nice enough, get what you pay for. Some rooms are far nicer than others. receptionists were nice especially chloe stank, she kept flashing boys for a few quid which was decent. close to the city which was handy for nights out and the kitchen was a lot nicer than i expected

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jcl123456789
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Arrived in a major hurry and had no time to spare. Was not able to properly check in as I did not have a $10 cash deposit for the room key and was not able to withdraw cash from the reception. What is this, 1990?! No one carries cash anymore.

Once that inconvenience was over, you will need to prepare yourself for the odour of smelly feet. The whole place absolutely reeks of it.

Fines for late check out (10am) and for having outside visitors. Really gives that whole hearted sense that you are a pain in the backside to the hostel. Hardly a welcoming experience and one I never want again.

Stay if you must but next time I will be sleeping in my car.

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank Finnyboy
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Too big hostel to work. People with no respect for eachother, helpless staff. Expensive for the facilities it gives. Room smell like old socks. Was awaken from 22pm til 4am by drunken idiots, the staff tried to control the situation but couldnt. Fights in the corridor, brocken boottle and vomit. Avoid. Not worth the visit.

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

From the beginning, this place just felt dirty. The reception area, which was further upstairs last time I stayed there, was in a dingy little area on the street level that felt like the bottom of a carpark stairwell. The reception staff were friendly but you need to have $10 cash for a key deposit which seemed silly. I saw a few people who were inconvenienced by this, people really just don't have cash much anymore so most people had to go to the atm. When we went to our room it hadn't been cleaned, this was at 6pm at night as well. We were taken to another room by the duty manager, who felt pushy and kept making excuses for the room not being cleaned (apparently he had been busy installing a dryer ). The linen looked clean, but the overall gross feeling of the room made us both feel itchy all night. There were tonail clippings in the carpet too which didn't help that general atmosphere. There were people talking in the hallway outside our room all night and the dryers sounded like they were on from about 11pm to 1am.
Basically, don't bother unless you're planning on drinking heavily and not frequenting your room.

Date of stay: May 2017